CMMG return policy

Pauleye

I bought a AR-15 upper from CMMG that was backordered. I decided that I didn't want it and emailed my request for a cancelation. They want to charge a restocking fee for something that was never shipped or received. Any suggestions on correcting this. Any input would be appreciated

what's it say in the Terms and Conditions? you know, "the fine print"? that would be the place to start.

There is some cost associated with cancelling an order, someone has to find it and push the paper. How much are they charging?

I would argue that there is a non quantifiable cost to the buyer for research and then going to the effort of ordering the item and waiting for it to ship. At least they should cancel out.

For sure, you can argue both ways. From a purely customer service point of view most would say that a restocking fee in this case is absolutely a mistake. From a purely business point of view not charging for a service rendered is always a mistake. Most, including me, would suggest a balance be struck somewhere and understand that it won't please everyone. It will be interesting to see what the actual charge they are asking for is.

I bought a AR-15 upper from CMMG that was backordered. I decided that I didn't want it and emailed my request for a cancelation. They want to charge a restocking fee for something that was never shipped or received. Any suggestions on correcting this. Any input would be appreciated
If CMMG received your order cancelation before they received the backordered part, then they should not charge you a restocking fee. I would ask for an explanation from CMMG Customer Service. Be nice and polite. The person that you will be talking to is probably not the person that made up the restocking policy. That person will likely not charge you since there is no part to restock. If all else fails, contact your Credit card Company and put in a claim to get your money back. That usually works if some retailer is charging you for something that is not there.

could also be, since you ordered a back-ordered part, they went out and ordered perhaps, barrel, BCG, upper receiver, etc, have it in-bound, preparing to assemble, and then you're canceling.

Pauleye, I was guessing 15%, and it seems steep in this case. 3-5 maybe 7% I wouldn't bat an eye, I think in this case I would have pushed back too.

Recent Posts