CMC drop in trigger

Vortex!

Just recently got a CMC drop in trigger for my ar-15 6.5 Grendel. That trigger is amazing! They say 3.5 pound trigger pull but I think it's less than that. I'm really happy with it and almost can't wait for deer season! Anybody else like these?
IMG_20180811_171016067.jpg
IMG_20180811_171121998.jpg

I've got a couple Rise Armament triggers in mine, and they're pretty nice for the money. They're also 3.5 lb. drop-ins. I've heard they compare very similarly to the CMC triggers.

I've got a couple Rise Armament triggers in mine, and they're pretty nice for the money. They're also 3.5 lb. drop-ins. I've heard they compare very similarly to the CMC triggers.
. I actually have one of those RA triggers in another ar-15 and the CMC is a bit better. I do like the RA though.

The new lantac trigger is now made by rise, the reason for the low price on the cmc- lantac was they were being discontinued and now made by rise

You got a deal on that trigger. I have had a 2.5 lb CMC for years that is really nice but it was around $200 if memory serves me. I got a POF 3.5 lb from Joebob outdoors for $130 and liked it so much that I now have 4 of them. I only had a slight problem with one of them being a little "gritty". When you started your trigger pull it did a little click then a little more pressure and it went off. I looked the trigger over really well and saw how it was made and that I could disassemble it so I did and just slightly run some crocus cloth over the sear engagement put it back together and BINGO broke like glass.
I have two 6.5 Grendel ARs that I will be deer hunting with this season. One with 20" the other with 18" barrel. Just something new to play with and maybe PO a liberal. LOL

Last edited:
I've got a rise armament trigger on one ar, rock river match 2-stage, and rock river varmint 2-stage and I have to say the varmint 2-stage is my favorite.

The LaRue mbt 2-stage has come down in price to $87 and I really want to try one in my next build.

I used to run only single stage until about two years ago when I started to switch to the dark side. I still have an assortment of both and just tend to shoot better with the 2-stage.

i've got several drop in triggers, my fav is a timney in my 6.5 creed. i also have a POF that i really like. heard good stuff about CMC, hoping to score one next time primary arms has a sale.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts