CMC drop in trigger

I have tried several different brands of triggers in the AR,s and when I was told how good the CMC was I had to try one. Now that is all i buy for the AR,s because they come as a unit, are single stage and anyone can install one. Most of the time, you can find them for less than $150.00.

Some of the triggers that you have to assemble in the lower can run $300.00+ and
depending on the precision of the machining on your lower, they may not end up being the most bang for the buck.

I have nothing against the two stage trigger because I shot them for many years. I just like the feel of a good single stage and I can,t anticipate the trigger.

Just Me

J E CUSTOM

I'm curious why you shoot better with 2 stage?

I should have put more thought into my previous response, I shoot faster with more confidence with a 2 stage where I take more time shooting a single stage.
Im pretty sure it's all in my head and the type of shooting I do with each.

FWIW all my bolt guns are single stage.

Love CMC been using them for years. I've had them all too. CMC always works easiest to install and no adjustments.

I like my CMC, BUT! You have to get anti rotating pins separately and if you happen to have a lower that is just a hair too deep depth wise like a 80% etc. that was milled out too deep you can have a little trigger unit movement. That is the reason that I like the POF triggers. They come with good KNS anti rotation pins and have little rubber bumpers on the bottom of the trigger unit that allows you to put some resistance between the unit and the frame and everything snugs up really good.

I like my CMC, BUT! You have to get anti rotating pins separately and if you happen to have a lower that is just a hair too deep depth wise like a 80% etc. that was milled out too deep you can have a little trigger unit movement. That is the reason that I like the POF triggers. They come with good KNS anti rotation pins and have little rubber bumpers on the bottom of the trigger unit that allows you to put some resistance between the unit and the frame and everything snugs up really good.

maybe that's why lantec switched to Rise Armament instead of CMC =--- the rise triggers have set screw adjustments to lock the trigger in place so they don't "float" in the receiver, they also have the "1/2 cock drop safety" to prevent misfires when dropped or "bump fires" when the trigger is "floated" --ELF has the adjuster screws and also the "drop safety" and the top end ELF models have an adjustable pull weight

I've got 2 of the CMC's and 2 of the Rise Armament. Why anyone would go with a trigger setup that involves multiple parts is still beyond my way of thinking. I love the idea that you drop in the trigger pack, install the pins, and go shoot. The really nice feature of a drop in unit, especially if you own a gas gun, is that cleaning becomes a breeze. If you should ever encounter a problem in the field, field stripping no longer requires that you find an operating room environment to remove your trigger assembly (should a primer or something else finds its way into the FCG).

This is just my 2¢, but worth a million bucks to me.....

If you think about it, a drop in trigger group is kinda like going to the store and buying a backpack and the cashier putting that backpack inside another bag so that you can carry it out of the store.

I respectfully disagree.
While I do not dispute the ability to hold tighter tolerances and provide additional features or modified geometry from the standard 2 pin setup, a drop in trigger is in it's barest form a fcg in a housing that gets installed into a lower which normally functions as the fcg housing.

Sure you can make it a module that can come out as an assembly but I am more likely to be able to remove and re-install a mil spec, rra 2-stage, or LaRue mbt 2s in a field with a nail and a rock than having the right Allen wrenches handy to loosen the drop in triggers set screws that keep the redundant housing from rocking back and forth.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.