Close to tears this year, folks...

This is my first year where my son can walk around, the street is packed. Everyone is keeping their parties seperate from others but still participating. We were worried it would be dead but so far having a blast. We did the table in the driveway since we are walking around and it seems most are doing this but also bonfires and yard parties.
That's what I'm talkin about!! That certainly wasn't the case here. These same streets last year were packed and just about every house was in full participation. Kind of a ghost town this year....no pun intended. I should've never left the triangle apparently ;). My daughter was so excited when we did happen upon a house that was still honoring tradition. Candy was handed out there in greater amounts. She said she had a good time and seemed genuinely happy to receive what she did with no apparent sense of loss. I miss that kind of innocence.

Check out some of the churches around you.
Yeah, there were a couple Churches doing that here as well. Problem was that Trick-Or-Treat hours were only from 4pm-6pm. So, you kind of had to choose between neighborhoods or Churches. If you did one....you didn't have time to do the other. Ugh...

That's what I'm talkin about!! That certainly wasn't the case here. These same streets last year were packed and just about every house was in full participation. Kind of a ghost town this year....no pun intended. I should've never left the triangle apparently ;). My daughter was so excited when we did happen upon a house that was still honoring tradition. Candy was handed out there in greater amounts. She said she had a good time and seemed genuinely happy to receive what she did with no apparent sense of loss. I miss that kind of innocence.
Glad you found someone still participating. Sounds like you've done your job well too.

I survived it and my wife died with it. She would have died with a bad common cold so I dont say she died of it. Tough, but thats life. I am not afraid of it and like the present situation to the story, "Chicken Little" Some of us have NOT learned from that childhood parable.
You have my condolences. I admire your strength.

We had record turn out for Trick or Treat this year here in our 100ish home neighborhood. The kids were able to dress/act normally just as they would have last year ... and the parents were as normal as if before covid ... except for that one set of parents that decided they also needed to collect candy for themselves and not just their 4 year old child - they each grabbed as much as their adult fists could hold and dropped it into the backpacks they were carrying for this purpose - oh well ...

All in all - not a sad situation at all here - in fact, quite uplifting and what I expect will be a sign of very near term times to come. I believe we are very close to a vaccine and after the election - regardless of who wins - it won't be long before we have a vaccine available. Once it is, there will be no 'excuse' to not return things to normal ...

I pray we see heavenly favor on us - again, regardless of who wins - we need that heavenly favor as without it, we are not nearly so capable as so many of us think we are ...

Every year the HOA in our neighborhood sets up a Halloween Party. There's food, movies on an inflatable screen for the kids and a jumping castle, my son had so much fun last year that s soon as we headed home he ws out cold for the rest if the night, but not the case this time. Not this year unfortunately.

We've been handing out candy non-stop, as an educator, coach, and athletic director, I see first hand what students are going through. Tonight though, it seems like the first time since Covid began that the kids are enjoying themselves. And to Jim, my condolences, sorry to hear about your wife.

View attachment 222638View attachment 222638View attachment 222639View attachment 222640View attachment 222641View attachment 222642
Happy 'Covid' Halloween, folks! As I walk with my little 7 year old daughter this year I'm saddened nearly to tears. Most houses are lifeless.....some just have tables sitting out with candy pre-bagged and no one outside. Some got creative and came up with ways to hand out candy and be.....distant/safe. The few people that are outside I'm VERY quick to thank them for continuing the tradition despite the current times. I'll be so glad when these times are behind us. *Sigh* :confused:
I will be glad when this is all over with also.

Me too. I'm sick of this community wide paranoid BS.

Folks with underlying issues need to be diligent.

The rest of us; I swear I caught the wu-flu in Alberta Canada in August 2019. 5 months before the rest of the country heard about it. It was the absolute WORST cough-up-a-lung chest cold of my life. I was fine 2 weeks later.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts