Close to tears this year, folks...

Deputy819

558EE478-75FC-4166-A954-62FAF2CACAE3.jpeg558EE478-75FC-4166-A954-62FAF2CACAE3.jpegD74EEE0E-800D-4FF0-B3BD-06CF8236BEF6.jpegE2ECAEB6-0BB0-4D1E-8C0D-3969BB78591B.jpegDADD26A4-FC76-4417-8BFA-EAAE38665018.jpeg40A591EE-60EB-4662-B32E-6DC88B64D939.jpeg
Happy 'Covid' Halloween, folks! As I walk with my little 7 year old daughter this year I'm saddened nearly to tears. Most houses are lifeless.....some just have tables sitting out with candy pre-bagged and no one outside. Some got creative and came up with ways to hand out candy and be.....distant/safe. The few people that are outside I'm VERY quick to thank them for continuing the tradition despite the current times. I'll be so glad when these times are behind us. *Sigh* :confused:

Last edited:
This COVID crap has got to stop....we have to figure it out...I have a business that has done well during this time, but I have been helping two of my friends that have been struggling with their retail Business, we have got to build each other up--not be fearful, I had COVID-19--I would not call it FLU 2.0 I'd call it not even Rhinovirus 1.1...we are not getting the whole truth...I pray nightly for our republic--as it is in need...we need to rise...love your neighbor, help those in need...clean up the political environment, live strong. Wishing all you guys--health and peace.

This is the new normal, at least for a while and by a while I mean months or year(s).

Here schools open then close, then open then close again. Restaurants are open again but we are spiking back up with covd cases, over 1,000 per day again.

There are several events my wife, son a myself attend to every fall and winter, 4th Ave Street Fair, All Souls Procession and a bunch more that we wont have this year. Heck the Pumpkin patch would've been awesome for my son but it was just way over crouded, so no social distance and no facemasks.

Several family members have gotten covid already and thank God all got over it but some were hit hard by it, its not a joke.

Unfortunately for now this is the new normal. It sucks but better alive than dead.

Stay safe

As a two time corona virus survivor, life's too short to be scared of the flu 2.0

Hope you're able to have a good time

I survived it and my wife died with it. She would have died with a bad common cold so I dont say she died of it. Tough, but thats life. I am not afraid of it and like the present situation to the story, "Chicken Little" Some of us have NOT learned from that childhood parable.

I survived it and my wife died with it. She would have died with a bad common cold so I dont say she died of it. Tough, but thats life. I am not afraid of it and like the present situation to the story, "Chicken Little" Some of us have NOT learned from that childhood parable.
My condolences, Jim. Uncle just succumbed to it. Went to the hospital for a surgery, caught it there. An ornery man who lived a blessed life, he saw treatments weren't cutting it in the hospital and went home to die, surrounded by his family.
Here schools open then close, then open then close again.
Son went off to college this year. > 50% of male students didn't, so he's surrounded by cute coeds in his dorm by what looks to be a 3:1 ratio.
They DON"T report that nobody is dying.
The last panel of your meme is missing the most important one -- a govt & media tag team giving the sheep a good ol' rogering.

Sorry for your loss Sir. She is in a better place now.

Son went off to college this year. > 50% of male students didn't, so he's surrounded by cute coeds in his dorm by what looks to be a 3:1 ratio.

Sorry for your loss Sir. At least he was with family when he moved on.

Your son is one lucky man, a very lucky man.

Stay safe all

This is my first year where my son can walk around, the street is packed. Everyone is keeping their parties seperate from others but still participating. We were worried it would be dead but so far having a blast. We did the table in the driveway since we are walking around and it seems most are doing this but also bonfires and yard parties.

View attachment 222638View attachment 222638View attachment 222639View attachment 222640View attachment 222641View attachment 222642
Happy 'Covid' Halloween, folks! As I walk with my little 7 year old daughter this year I'm saddened nearly to tears. Most houses are lifeless.....some just have tables sitting out with candy pre-bagged and no one outside. Some got creative and came up with ways to hand out candy and be.....distant/safe. The few people that are outside I'm VERY quick to thank them for continuing the tradition despite the current times. I'll be so glad when these times are behind us. *Sigh* :confused:

Check out some of the churches around you. We just went through 4 different drive through Trunk or Treats and my kids (5&2) loved it. They're buckets are over flowing too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.