Close call!

I find this hilarious! Hate firearms so bad that you don't want to remind everyone to be aware of your surroundings!
Next Door sux, if one wants to chat about the appropriate state statues about road users and site the state statue, you get deleted. Gotta be in the walled part that the moderators like. And you want to talk about those big black scary things?

This idea that bicyclist have the same right away is a joke. I'm not saying all of them are jerks, but more are then not so the respect... sorry guys aint there. Especially on country roads.
As a bicyclist driver, I am entitled to be on the same road as you do in your coffin of death. Change your ******** from bicyclists to rifles. Now what are you? We have laws to protect us from people like you. FYI, one small bit called the 2d Amendment protects me and other minorities from the masses of ignorant folk. Just as the state vehicle statutes protect me from you running me over.

This idea that bicyclist have the same right away is a joke. I'm not saying all of them are jerks, but more are then not so the respect... sorry guys aint there. Especially on country roads.
Being a Mary's land resident, you probably believe that cars should be banned just like Mary's land bans many of this scary black thingies. Look up your Mary's land state statutes about bicycles. It is probably before weapon prohibitions.

I like your name je jour
I grew up in the country and spent a lot of time riding my bike back and forth to town, and even back then I road against the flow of traffic for exactly that reason- so I could see what was coming. I think doing so helped others to decide to move over, even if it was just a little bit. There was no shoulder, and but I still stayed as far as possible out off the lane of traffic.
I HATED riding with traffic because there were always those who seemed to want to intentionally get close.

Fast forward to today.

I spend a LOT of time behind the wheel. Every day I see people get over on the shoulder or into the other lane because they are messing with their phone. If I was to be on a bicycle these days I would absolutely ride against traffic just in self defense. But I'd also stay as far off the road as possible.
That is why texting while driving is illegal here in Floridah.

Situation, you are riding the wrong way on a curbed two way two lane road. 2 cars approach you in both directions. what does the drive approaching you in the same lane and with a car coming at themselves? Stop and you hit the car or veer out and hit the other car?

So if I want to drive a SxS or quad on a county road, it has to have ORV sticker plus other requirements. Which means I am paying a tax to use the road. Bicycles are NO different. They are using the road as a vehicle.
Here in Floridah, property taxes pay for local roads, not extra taxes like your preferred abode.

I grew up in the country and spent a lot of time riding my bike back and forth to town, and even back then I road against the flow of traffic for exactly that reason- so I could see what was coming. I think doing so helped others to decide to move over, even if it was just a little bit. There was no shoulder, and but I still stayed as far as possible out off the lane of traffic.
I HATED riding with traffic because there were always those who seemed to want to intentionally get close.

Fast forward to today.

I spend a LOT of time behind the wheel. Every day I see people get over on the shoulder or into the other lane because they are messing with their phone. If I was to be on a bicycle these days I would absolutely ride against traffic just in self defense. But I'd also stay as far off the road as possible.

I like your name je jour

That is why texting while driving is illegal here in Floridah.

Situation, you are riding the wrong way on a curbed two way two lane road. 2 cars approach you in both directions. what does the drive approaching you in the same lane and with a car coming at themselves? Stop and you hit the car or veer out and hit the other car?

Your low level of comprehension is astounding.

Read it again slowly and realize that I rode on that thin little black line of pavement between the white line and the ditch. Therefore, there was zero need for the car coming at me to choose between hitting me or oncoming traffic. Happened all the time without incident.

Congrats! You are the very first member of LRH to earn an "ignore" from me.

I try not to post or even read these strings that have nothing to do with shooting, but a story about the bike nazis was too much to resist. Hard to believe y'all are continuing the conversation with Kairyn. He knows that bikes and the 2nd are closely tied together and where all of our recon assets are located (which is pretty impressive for a tanker). You would all be better off just letting him ride his bike on the hiway until Darwin puts him on the podium.

Last edited: