Clip on thermals

JimFromTN

I am a complete newbie in the thermal world. I have a Hogster-25 which I love but wish I had gotten a little bit higher low magnification. A base 2.5 magnification or maybe a 3x would be just about perfect. I was thinking of using my hogster as a handheld for scanning and getting something new for my rifle. My typical hog hunt starts a couple hours before dark and goes until about midnight or so. You can hunt with a thermal during the daytime but I would rather not so either I have to be willing to swap scopes in the field, take 2 rifles, or find a reasonably priced clip on. I really like the idea of a clip on in this situation. I found the AGM Rattler TC35-384 and the Burris BTC 35 that are within my budget of less than $3k but neither really have any actual reviews..

Does anyone have any knowledge or actual experience with either. AGM has been in the thermal business longer and has some fairly good reviews on some of their less expensive thermals and Burris seems to be totally new so AGM would seem like the way to go if its decent.

I agree, not much info. I have a 6.5 grendel, a 308 win, and a 300 win mag, and I agree the concept of a clip on to use between the 3 would be awesome. I was always told by those who hunt hogs, coyotes..etc, that use a thermal monocular to locate a target and use night vision to positively identify. I have a thermal monocular and just bought this clip on: https://www.opticsplanet.com/armasi...rformance-mountable-night-vision-monocul.html I know many here don't like opticsplanet, but lets not get into that. It appears this is an older gen 3 model, that allows for up to 16x magnification from a scope (we will see..haha, even if i get 12 I will be happy) Anyway, it looks to be a good deal and I can always return if I am not happy. I read some reviews about similar Armasight models and they were good..

I have a major coyote problem and need to get rid of a good 6-8 of them. I have been going back and forth for 2 years now and finally pulled the trigger, so to speak. I will let you know how things go.

From what I understand, this is the go to setup for the military guys.. but with more expensive equipment.