Climate change and hunting.

Topshot

What do you think about the Global warming debate?

Interesting to see that the U.S. is covered in snow and down here in Aus, we are enjoying a perfect summer.

Some say that global warming is man made and we need to cut human produced CO2 emissions to stop the world heating up.
Others say that we are on the verge of the next ice age and climate change is a completely natural cycle.

What's your view and what effect would climate change have on the hunting and shooting sports.

The last 4 years the temp has actually gone down. Earths short term warming/ cooling is more dependent on sun spot activity. A meterologist (John Coleman)who started the weather channel has a very good video on u-tube about the subject and the facts. plus 1000's of other going either way.

Last edited:
I hope you like cold weather, because it looks like we could be in for 50+ years of cooling, based on a recent paper in Physic Reports (ScienceDirect - Physics Reports : Cosmic-ray-driven electron-induced reactions of halogenated molecules adsorbed on ice surfaces: Implications for atmospheric ozone depletion).
893554.jpg

If CO2 reduction schiemes come in, a lot of people will loose their jobs. I hope it is not for a white elephant.

I am sure that China won't loose any jobs over this.

IMHO, it's just normal temp cycle but agree that "WE" have something to do it (good and bad) in some capacity.

Last Friday, we have 23F where I live and just 90 miles south they have -15F.

"What do you think about the global warming debate?"
I think it's scare tactics used by the GOV to hoodwink folks that don't know any better (My opinion). It can be answered much better from the Word of God:)

Genesis Chapter 8 Verse 22

While the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. KJV

Bigbuck

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.