clearing things up in advance or hammer away ?

fordy

Gday

I thought it was fitting to put actual information up first before the hammer police get hold of little snippets then twist & turn it into a $h-t show of misinformation & justification to try & discredit some individuals even potentially putting up the idea of some individuals getting bought to get favourable results or reviews of hammer bullets or whatever slant they want to put on it

I don't know a lot of people here so I'll put a call out to @FEENIX to let me know who the chief of the hammer police is so I can enlighten the conversations that took place to get to where we are today to hopefully stop the thoughts of above raising its ugly head

So here we go with actual facts so far

Trips to Aussie
2 blokes from the USA in 2022 ( heaven forbid they are hammer users also )
Also a group of individuals will be coming down under in 2023 for a hammer holiday & we will test a new combo ( along with some old ones that are tweaked a bit ) on some pretty cool animals the later trip Steve & Brian will be in this group with some other individuals & more trips are penciled in

THESE TRIPS are NOT a PAID safari or me trying to gain traction to get my name out for a marketing ploy or the look @ me syndrome that some people suffer from imo
As you won't see me here posting info or what I can offer on a safari base , really I don't care for it , it's just to share the wonderful resources we have in Aussie @ my fingertips with conservation playing a big role
Steve & others will report the results if they wish but for me I'll just stay in my rabbit hole on the dark side
Yep I'm usually a reserved person & don't need the crap that filters through here sometimes as life is to short /fun Just dislike fake news & why I've put this info up to hopefully stop the crap ( we will see )
the above has been also offered to other people regardless of their background that you guys will never here about but we do & that's all that matters

Why ?
The reason this is occurring is the way I was bought up as one good deed deserves another & all of the people that turn up have the most generous nature & helped me personally in my journey one way or another or better still helped others & what info we can gain from autopsies will be a bonus in understanding a little better to raise the bar once again

if you think I'm trying to suck upto Steve & Brian your mistaken as our private conversations are either personal down to earth or stirring ea other in many facets of life or straight to the point good or bad on terminal results to raise the bar once again

To address the thoughts of oh here's a rich guy buying his way
Well no
I am also like a lot of other people with a hefty mortgage & we've struggled to get to where & what My family has got today but then again money doesn't buy happiness morals do ( no turncoats or snowflakes welcome in my household & I'm sure I won't be invited to theirs lol )

Thanks for taking the time to read my post
Hope it puts the line in the sand also I'm not the best & writing so except my apology on that

the content above take it as you will
It's that simple but please don't accuse/ imply or think anything is going on as we plan on having a good time around a campfire or two , chewing the fat & learning as we go
Cheers

Gday

I thought it was fitting to put actual information up first before the hammer police get hold of little snippets then twist & turn it into a $h-t show of misinformation & justification to try & discredit some individuals even potentially putting up the idea of some individuals getting bought to get favourable results or reviews of hammer bullets or whatever slant they want to put on it

I don't know a lot of people here so I'll put a call out to @FEENIX to let me know who the chief of the hammer police is so I can enlighten the conversations that took place to get to where we are today to hopefully stop the thoughts of above raising its ugly head

So here we go with actual facts so far

Trips to Aussie
2 blokes from the USA in 2022 ( heaven forbid they are hammer users also )
Also a group of individuals will be coming down under in 2023 for a hammer holiday & we will test a new combo ( along with some old ones that are tweaked a bit ) on some pretty cool animals the later trip Steve & Brian will be in this group with some other individuals & more trips are penciled in

THESE TRIPS are NOT a PAID safari or me trying to gain traction to get my name out for a marketing ploy or the look @ me syndrome that some people suffer from imo
As you won't see me here posting info or what I can offer on a safari base , really I don't care for it , it's just to share the wonderful resources we have in Aussie @ my fingertips with conservation playing a big role
Steve & others will report the results if they wish but for me I'll just stay in my rabbit hole on the dark side
Yep I'm usually a reserved person & don't need the crap that filters through here sometimes as life is to short /fun Just dislike fake news & why I've put this info up to hopefully stop the crap ( we will see )
the above has been also offered to other people regardless of their background that you guys will never here about but we do & that's all that matters

Why ?
The reason this is occurring is the way I was bought up as one good deed deserves another & all of the people that turn up have the most generous nature & helped me personally in my journey one way or another or better still helped others & what info we can gain from autopsies will be a bonus in understanding a little better to raise the bar once again

if you think I'm trying to suck upto Steve & Brian your mistaken as our private conversations are either personal down to earth or stirring ea other in many facets of life or straight to the point good or bad on terminal results to raise the bar once again

To address the thoughts of oh here's a rich guy buying his way
Well no
I am also like a lot of other people with a hefty mortgage & we've struggled to get to where & what My family has got today but then again money doesn't buy happiness morals do ( no turncoats or snowflakes welcome in my household & I'm sure I won't be invited to theirs lol )

Thanks for taking the time to read my post
Hope it puts the line in the sand also I'm not the best & writing so except my apology on that

the content above take it as you will
It's that simple but please don't accuse/ imply or think anything is going on as we plan on having a good time around a campfire or two , chewing the fat & learning as we go
Cheers
Frankly, I do not care about who is who in any company. I provided information for others to decipher on their own. What one does with it is entirely up to the end-user - it is that simple.

@Len Backus, I agree the wildflowers up on the mountains are looking amazing and life is great.

My wife takes way too many pictures and takes our hike twice as long. 🤣

Last edited:
Thanks for your response feenix

Yes it's great to see pictures
It's just trying to make sure it's focused in the first place or no distortion is the challenge that's why I love taking my own no doubt others will have their own & may I suggest if you start taking some pictures yourself you maybe surprised in what's involved to come to the full evaluation in the colour spectrum

Yes some cameras/film or digital forms just have a the ability to give amazing results under a broad range of various conditions/circumstances/situations & then again some people still believe the old 35 mm 200 iso film is the best

So anytime your willing to dabble in the art of pictures Its one I would welcome only then will you potentially understand the art involved in getting a great picture
No copy right issues or Chinese whispers with me
It's that simple
Thinking the above also has similarities to other interests 🤔

Couldn't agree more with wildflowers & life 🤣

Thanks for the forum len
Cheers

It's just trying to make sure it's focused in the first place or no distortion is the challenge that's why I love taking my own no doubt others will have their own & may I suggest if you start taking some pictures yourself you maybe surprised in what's involved to come to the full evaluation in the colour spectrum

Yes some cameras/film or digital forms just have a the ability to give amazing results under a broad range of various conditions/circumstances/situations & then again some people still believe the old 35 mm 200 iso film is the best

So anytime your willing to dabble in the art of pictures Its one I would welcome only then will you potentially understand the art involved in getting a great picture
It's that simple

Thanks for the forum len
Cheers

It's that simple

Thanks for the forum len
Cheers
I appreciate the offer, but I already have a go-to person for anything photography and bowhunting, who I have known since 2003 >>>http://www.kirkclarkimagery.com/. We also work on the same military installation, and he is a 5-minute walk from my office.

Fordy - I'm just trying to understand/interpret your post. It seems you are challenging the terminal performance of Hammer bullets, but really don't offer anything that sheds light on this point. Sure, there are a number of members that shoot and are fans of Hammer bullets on this forum. There are also many others that enjoy shooting different brands of projectiles. I personally have and will continue to try different brands of bullets just for the fun of it. I appreciate reading and learning about others' experience, but don't feel pressured to accept every opinion as the end all be all. Generally I find the members on this forum to be just sharing ideas and opinions on the wonderful world of LRH. I hope you have a great time with the fine people at Hammer down under.

Photos? I killed a truck load of deer and have a couple bullets. One is what is left of a Hammer Hunter .308 101 grainer. It weighs 60 grains. The other is a Barnes TTSX .277 110 grainer. It weighs 105 grains.

I will try to get a phone photo with more info for this thread.

Thanks for the reply feenix
That's good you have someone but still nothing better than knowing how to do it yourself

Military installation & office does this make you important over there 🤷‍♂️
Cheers

Thanks for the reply mark
No I'm not challenging hammers preformance as they have been excellent on providing the most consistent kills from impact to tipping I've ever used on the greatest variety of animals across so many parameters hands down
Impacts from over 4k to just under1800 & still stay to its form is outstanding preformance from bovines ( asiatic , bantang ,scrubbies) to little critters ( wallaby, rabbits , cats ) & lots of deer in between among othe critters that hasn't required the thought oh I better not aim there or take that angle
I'm also not saying they are the holy grail as I find it impossible to get .

where the testing that Steve & Brian will be doing is to hopefully raise the bar once again on a already great pill yes they are tweaking & designing new pills to try & gain more terminal preformance that's a couple guys still doing what they did from the start try things & see if it works for which I love as if you don't have a go you'll never know 😎

I'm also not saying other brands don't work as they do in their particular fields some brands have small windows others larger but I'm yet to find a pill that matches hammers & glad Steve & Brian will be able to test on multiple animals with various resistances to see what's what for which I'm lucky to have animals that are pretty much a endless supply & better than any gel as you get proper preformance ratings cause I've never seen gel run lol
This is not to discredit the gel or other media people use as I respect their choices & like some of them so please take no offence to the guys who use that as that's not my intention

The main reason I put this thread up is if it comes up that certain people have been bought or favourable reviews etc the line has been drawn in the sand but we will see when the chief of police gives out snippets & the deputies follow on & before long the Chinese whispers start appearing ( I hope not )
I don't understand their gripes as you said they can use what they want , it would be nice if they would actually use them before commenting also I could get a review that will fail nearly all pills it's not that hard yes including hammers but why when other than being a troll or don't care 🤷‍♂️
to make themselves look important or jealousy I guess 🤷‍♂️

Some great brands out there & ea has sweet spots some more than others so use what one likes just be careful on some comments/ reviews , others are true but to me once people start putting them in animals is where the true facts become apparent

Sorry for long winded reply & my English
I'm definitely not important or a guru just me no proof read also

Cheers

Gday rich Coyle
I've seen that little shank on your avatar on hammertime & Steve told me about it which is way cool
Thank you sir for educating me on my journey
Cheers

20220628_193933.jpg
20220628_194005.jpg

A few words about the two photos. They are the same two bullets from different angles. The one on the left is a TTSX 110 grain .277". It weighs 105 grains. The other is what remains of a Hammer Hunter 101 grain .308 made for a .300 blackout. It weighs 60 grains. The 110 grain started out at 3,400 feet per second and flew 239 yards across the canyon and hit a big blacktail buck behind the diaphragm as it was going up the other side. The bullet went through the heart and through the sternum and stopped against the skin. The other went through a doe's sternum from the front and exited about the diaphragm. It was a slight down hill shot. I found the "bullet" about 10" into the soft forest floor.

Both dropped at the shot.

I forgot to add, those are the only two bullets I recovered. All other Barnes exited. And after I switched to Hammers, that is the only Hammer I found. I should have added I used a .308 Win to power the Hammer 101 grain bullets to an average of 3,341 feet per second. Also, I should have included the doe was 75 yards away according to the Leica 1200.

Gday
Been doing some research on you @Northkill as you seem a little intriguing to me
What I love about you is the part of is sorting through the crap & I also note you also use other pills than hammers lol so I better be careful as I may get accused of trying to recruit you or buy your loyalty for Steve so if @FEENIX could take notice of the following & pass on to his deputies to once again stop potential Chinese whispers occurring

Now we've had some messages between us that are on the forum for everyone to see & not one private message well what I can remember 🤷‍♂️So please clarify to not muddy the waters
What I took out of our conversations & your response & questions to myself & others in this forum ( I looked @ a lot of your posts ) I believe your a nice person that has a lot to offer & i for one would be humbled if you would allow me to add a bottle to my shelf in the kitchen who are going to sit around my campfire on my hunting property

Now also if you don't drink that's cool as I have 1 bloke coming down under who dosent drink anymore so a pkt of coffee satchels are there for him
Also if you decline that's cool & I respect that no questions asked
I'm booked out for 22&23 ( I don't hold a lot of trips per year as my job gets in the way but I accomodate as many as I can )
Same thing to you as anyone else who is invited there will be no $ cost for any animal the only catch is I expect the fire to be kept up with wood lol
I'm not here to make money or promote my property as once you & others understand why I do this the penny will drop & im proud of the little things I can do in my life that hopefully make this place a little better

Please respond here with a response so no underhand thoughts can be whispered
& in relation to that picture of the bottles & coffee the last one is for my son & a 225 model that I will share with everyone who's bottle is cracked around that campfire as it's one of my proudest moments for this property

Also I hope the picture is of a clear enough quality that I just like being around nice people & will do what I do until the day I die

Cheers 🤝

Attachments

• 4073D8A6-B79F-4AE7-BFA8-270630AFEB5B.jpeg
    4073D8A6-B79F-4AE7-BFA8-270630AFEB5B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
Gday
Been doing some research on you @Northkill as you seem a little intriguing to me
What I love about you is the part of is sorting through the crap & I also note you also use other pills than hammers lol so I better be careful as I may get accused of trying to recruit you or buy your loyalty for Steve so if @FEENIX could take notice of the following & pass on to his deputies to once again stop potential Chinese whispers occurring

Now we've had some messages between us that are on the forum for everyone to see & not one private message well what I can remember 🤷‍♂️So please clarify to not muddy the waters
What I took out of our conversations & your response & questions to myself & others in this forum ( I looked @ a lot of your posts ) I believe your a nice person that has a lot to offer & i for one would be humbled if you would allow me to add a bottle to my shelf in the kitchen who are going to sit around my campfire on my hunting property

Now also if you don't drink that's cool as I have 1 bloke coming down under who dosent drink anymore so a pkt of coffee satchels are there for him
Also if you decline that's cool & I respect that no questions asked
I'm booked out for 22&23 ( I don't hold a lot of trips per year as my job gets in the way but I accomodate as many as I can )
Same thing to you as anyone else who is invited there will be no $ cost for any animal the only catch is I expect the fire to be kept up with wood lol
I'm not here to make money or promote my property as once you & others understand why I do this the penny will drop & im proud of the little things I can do in my life that hopefully make this place a little better

Please respond here with a response so no underhand thoughts can be whispered
& in relation to that picture of the bottles & coffee the last one is for my son & a 225 model that I will share with everyone who's bottle is cracked around that campfire as it's one of my proudest moments for this property

Also I hope the picture is of a clear enough quality that I just like being around nice people & will do what I do until the day I die

Cheers 🤝
Well bud, that was a very generous message! And yes, I'm a pretty "clean" bloke. No alcohol. I'm a family man who takes the responsibility of raising a family and commitment to my wife seriously. Hunting is one way that I can spend time with my boys and girls in a constructive way that teaches values, responsibility, family solidarity, and to live off the earth - self-dependent values. I have quite a varied background, but am currently a pastor, which explains my faith and my concern for integrity of life.

No fear on the perceptions of underhand dealings. I've no axe to grind and no biases to maintain. I'm here for the ride and the bigger picture - to enjoy the opportunities of life afforded to me and to give back with what He has given me.

I'll be in touch with you this coming week in response to you offer. I'm grateful and unworthy! Blessings to your day.