Cleaning Tumbler and Pins

Every so often, I try to clean my tumbler and stainless pins. I just run it for about 90 minutes with water and dish soap, followed by another 90 minutes with plain water. I am always surprised at the dark water afterwards. Do you guys clean your pins and tumbler?
When we finish a batch of brass we just change out the ends of our Tumbler to the "Screen" and put in a 5 gallon bucket of water then shake the hell out of it & run a hose with fresh water into one end of the tumbler. All the SS pins fall out and the brass cases stay in the tumbler. I then put the tumbler in a fresh bucket of water to rinse.
Do the same with the SS pins-fresh water in the bucket and pull out with a magnet.
The process is all done at the same time - clean brass-clean SS pins several times. Put brass to dry and SS pins back in the tumbler.

Do you guys clean your pins and tumbler?
No, I just run a lot of brass through it and as long as the brass comes out clean I leave it alone. I always leave my pins under water, usually just straight sink water after flushing out all the suds post-cleaning. They aren't rusting, seem perfectly fine. I run a 4-shape jeweler's mix/ pin mix and it packs pretty dense so I figure some carbon is settling under the pins and never really drains out. Water is always a little dark and a little soapy no matter how much I spray them off in the sifter.

Yes, wash and rinse your pins after every brass cleaning. This will increase your FPS, reduce pressure, decrease your SD/ES and increase your accuracy GUARANTEED!

Never actually done this, but I do rinse them off before putting them back in the tumbler.

I used to clean my brass with a tumbler and SS pins but now I don't even bother. I use 0000 steel wool and rub down the case body, neck and shoulder. Use a nylon brush to get excess carbon out of the neck and call it good.

When I was using the tumbler and pins, I would clean it everytime.

I've been tumbling brass for at least 10 years and only remember rinsing the media once. I've changed from pins to chips, they seem to do a better and faster job . I pour off most of the filthy water then separate the chips from the brass with a RCBS media separator. Triple rinse with water then soak brass in a bucket of Wash & Wax for about 5 minutes then triple rinse with water again. Without the Wash & Wax the brass would start to tarnish soon after tumbling. Mostly do range pickup or bulk purchased once fired brass after the primers are removed.

I would't tumble for anything but range brass. Raises the SD. If you do timble dip neck in graphite spray. - I spray into a small jar / paint cap, tilt on angle so have 3/8" fluid a, dip and wipe outside sei in tray upside down