Cleaning titanium suppressors?

OG-danimal

Anyone have experience cleaning titanium cans? Specifically the dead air nomad ti? How many rounds before cleaning, and what's your process? Thanks!

After about 5000 rounds through my SAS Ti Arbiter, I plugged one end and filled it up with CLR. Let it soak a bit, then shook the crap out of it. I then ran it through the ultrasonic cleaner for a couple cycles. I was surprised how much crap came out of it.

Anyone have experience cleaning titanium cans? Specifically the dead air nomad ti? How many rounds before cleaning, and what's your process? Thanks!

Here's what Dead Air told me about my Nomad LT:

Take off the back cap/adapter and the front cap. Then you can use a 50/50 mix of CLR and water and dump it down the silencer as you move it around. Then fully rinse it out with water. Let it dry and install everything and head to the range again. Be careful as the 50/50 mix will remove the finish on any of our adapters or front caps. We don't want that to happen to you so keep those items well clear of the cleaning area.

I haven't had my can long enough to need to clean it yet, so YMMV.

I took my banish 30 apart tonigh after about 100 rounds of 300 prc/7 saum through it and was absolutely amazed at the amount of carbon buildup. I placed it all in a container and filled up the container with clr. Pulled the tube after about 30 min as to try to not damage the coating on the outside. Wiped down the baffles and threw the dirty ones back in. I'm gunna let the ones that are real carboned up soak overnight but I did dilute the clr with water 50/50 for the overnight soak.
It's amazing how well the clr will resolve the carbon compared to most other products.