Cleaning rod of choice?

Supertrucker

What's the best?

I have Dewey and Bore tech. I have to say they are about identical, but I like the large handles on the Bore Tech. What say you?

The ones I have are carbon. Heard some of the chemicals can have a bad reaction with coating and every coated frying I have had, the coating started coming off after awhile.

IMO forget the Boretech. The rod coating is thin and will peel. Takes months to get them to replace them.

Go with the Dewey. You can call dewey and have them made up to 60". My last 60" I think was $44 delivered.

I love the deweys.

BH

I use the Dewey rods,Lucas bore guides and TM Solutions exclusively.
No problem with the coating, and the TM Solutions is amazing stuff. I have yet to use a bronze brush on a barrel. Only using the TM Solutions and patches, and my barrels look immaculate.

I use a brass rod for my pistol. For 20 years or so I used a wooden rod for my 30 cal rifles, until it cracked a few weeks ago, now I use the shaft of a graphite arrow.

I usually use the rods for the brushes, then use nylon string to pull the patch through.

I recently got the Tipton one piece and it is the best rod I have used, the bearing turns with ease and it is rugged. The rod has stayed clean and smooth. Very good investment. I had the coated Dewey and it would inbed junk in the coating and the coating would get tacky with some solvents and the handle was not the best.
I even got the pistol Tipton rod to use for a chamber and action cleaning I liked it so much.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.