Cleaning powder

There are not powders that clean brass out of a gun barrel because there are no opportunities to get brass into a gun barrel. Copper however does get deposited from copper jacketed or solid copper bullets and must eventually be removed to maintain accuracy. I seem to remember a powder that would minimize this effect but I can't say for sure. Were I new to reloading as are you, I'd worry about everything but this issue.

I wonder if you were thinking of Hodgdon CFE223? It's suppose to reduce copper fouling. It's not something you load up a few rounds and send down the tube to clean up your barrel.

I apologize I mention to say copper, got brass on the brain. I guess just trying to protect my investment.

Not really sure someone mentioned it at the reloading isle wish I had wrote it down just thought I would throw it out there to see if it would stick seems like it sounded like vitoria

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts