Cleaning lube from brass??

trigger103

After resizing what does everyone do to remove the lube from their brass. Is it best to just throw in a tumbler, or just wipe off with a rag. Also does liquid lannolin on the inside of brass affect powder?

After resizing what does everyone do to remove the lube from their brass. Is it best to just throw in a tumbler, or just wipe off with a rag. Also does liquid lannolin on the inside of brass affect powder?
Depends on how many pieces. If I'm processing 20 or 30, just wipe it off. Any more than that, a spin in the wet tumbler takes it off.

I don't believe the amount of lanolin left in the neck is likely to affect powder, but if you tumble you don't have to worry about it.

I always trim and chamfer after I resize (imperial sizing wax) and expand necks (powdered neck lube) with a mandrel die. I worry the brass shavings will stick to the lube. I know if I wet tumble with SS pins they will beat up my fresh neck chamfer so I'll run them through my ultrasonic cleaner with hornady brass cleaner. Then rinse and dry in the jerky machine.

Should I wait to chamfer until after wet tumbling? Also if using a mandrel to size necks will wet tumbling afect neck tension?

Imperial and home brew lube come off the outside of my cases with just a wipe with a terrycloth rag while I clean primer pockets.
I use a q-tip to do the inside of the case necks, the powder granules stuck to the sides of the necks bug me.

I use home brew alcohol and lanolin, after re sizing, into a tumbler set up for that purpose, I can't say I've seen any I'll effects from using it

As Lefty7mm mentioned, tumbling. This removes everything in a very short time period. I usually blow air across them after the tumbling which removes any dust or media left over from the brass or primer pockets.

I tumble,then lube the inside of the neck with powdered graphite when I loading the cases.I found that if you leave the wet lube like RCBS case lube inside the case neck,overtime it can cause a little corrosion to form around the bullet and the inside of the case neck.

I've used Midway Minute Lube spray for many years and thousands of brass cases from 17MachIV to 375 H&H. After the brass is sized, I dump the entire batch in a large screw-capped plastic bottle. Add a little dish washing detergent and water. Swirl for a few minutes, and then rinse several times using a plastic or wire colander. Drain the final rinse, and place back in the colander. Shake gently and let air dry. Takes longer to type this than to do it - LOL.

Small batches I wipe with a cloth with dish washing liquid and bigger batches tumble for a bit followed by air from the compressor to remove dust as stated by K9TXS

After resizing what does everyone do to remove the lube from their brass. Is it best to just throw in a tumbler, or just wipe off with a rag. Also does liquid lannolin on the inside of brass affect
After I resize, trim and chamfer, I role them in a towel, ultrasonic clean and finish drying in my food dehydrator. The process removes lanolin and all lubricants.