Cleaning a muzzle break

jeffro

I have a holland radial break. As you know it is indexed so that the holes on the top are pointing straight up. I do not want to remove the break all the time to clean it because it will end up not indexing right after a while. I have no problem getting the ports clean, but I am having a hard time getting all the carbon off the crown. The crown is recessed back into the break a bit, making it hard to get all the carbon of the crown. I have tried Qtips with solvent on them,and carb cleaner, but they are just not getting it all. It isnt hurting anything, but I like to get everything cleaned off when I do a big clean. Im looking for any tips or tricks that you all use to clean your breaks. Thanks.

a small "dremel" size brass wheel works, by hand or low speed in the dremel tool. just cut od to fit snug.

Hi,
I'm using to clean my rifle and muzlebrake with WIPE-OUT (BAREL AND BORE CLEANER)
Just shake, spray, let it sit for 1 hr, remove old residue with a dry patch and spray again.
I did not clean my muzlebrake for 4 mo and with just wipeout foam i clean it like brand new look, without effort.
WORKS VERY WELL.

I was trying all king of staff, hard working without good cleaning, till my gunsmith told me about WIPE-OUT.
i just spray watch tv, come back and is already like brand new look.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.