Clean Loaded Brass?

Muddyboots

Ok, talking to a good friend back east and just happened to mention he finished up a load and final wipe down. So I asked him huh? He wipes his "cleaned loaded" brass down with acetone to insure brass is as about free of foreign material as can be. He uses various polishers in his vibratory cleaner so he doesn't want anything on brass to interfere with chamber brass "grip". I wipe my brass down but do not use any chemicals to "remove" foreign mayerial.

So how about it, do you use any chemical cleaner in final load?

Nope, none.

Using a wet tumble I do rinse the brass very well after cleaning. When cleaning I use distilled water with dish soap and lemishine, and distilled water again to rinse after cleaning, needless to say I use a lot of distilled water

EDIT:
I talk (type too much) sometimes LOL. Removed the rest of the comments.

Last edited:
I rarely clean my brass other than the necks, inside & out. The brass looks just as good coming out of the chamber as it did going in. The cases get a good wipe down when they come out of the sizer die. Anything that is on the brass wipes off along with the sizing wax.

I own and use a STM pin tumbler but only use it on occasion. Anything fired in an AR platform or a pistol needs to be cleaned after each firing but the brass from my bolt rifles stays pretty clean without doing very much.

Last edited:
Ok, talking to a good friend back east and just happened to mention he finished up a load and final wipe down. So I asked him huh? He wipes his "cleaned loaded" brass down with acetone to insure brass is as about free of foreign material as can be. He uses various polishers in his vibratory cleaner so he doesn't want anything on brass to interfere with chamber brass "grip". I wipe my brass down but do not use any chemicals to "remove" foreign mayerial.

So how about it, do you use any chemical cleaner in final load?
No

I wipe my cases after sizing to remove the sizing wax….that's it, no chemicals, no tumbling. I just prime them, bag them or load them, depending on what I am doing at the time.
I have never heard of anyone doing this.
I once caught my buddy tumbling LOADED ROUNDS in his case tumbler. His excuse was that he forgot to wipe off the case lube and that was the easiest way to clean 100 rounds….I just shook my head and said YEP, WHATEVER!

Cheers.
P. S. I guess I'm not THAT strange after all!