Clamp on Muzzle Break

swpc629

Would a clamp on muzzle break be okay for a factory sporter barrel? Or would it be better to try a threaded muzzle break? I am not sure if a Winchester factory sporter barrel has enough meat to put a threaded muzzle break on it.

I have looked at them too. If the manufacturer offers a model for the muzzle diameter of your rifle then it should work. For a guy who cannot easily get to a gunsmith to thread his barrel it is an interesting alternative. The only thing that would concern me is getting the ports positioned exactly horizontal. It IS ugly compared to the threaded brakes but it should reduce recoil just fine.

Witt Machine wants you you to send them the dimensions of the barrel taper(in thousands or mm) so they can cut the brake to fit the barrel.

Witt Machine wants you you to send them the dimensions of the barrel taper(in thousands or mm) so they can cut the brake to fit the barrel.

+1 for Witts. I just put one on my HBar and it is very well made and fit perfectly. Just measure your barrel with calipers....actually go on their website for instructions

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.