Clamp on muzzle brakes!!!!

Does anybody have experience with a clamp on muzzle brake from Witt Machine or Kahntrol Solutions? Do they move at all or ever fall off? Looking to buy from Witt Machine because of the price.

I have the Witt. I bought two of them for my two rem 700 300wby (6-1/2 pound guns). They have been great! Haven't moved at all and recoil went down noticeably lower then a 3006. My buddies were so impressed that they have all bought them and have had the same results.

I also have two so far. Just follow the directions and they will never move.
Very effective brake for the money... I will be buying more.
One thing I have noticed is Ken is spitting these things out a lot faster than before. My last one shipped in three days..

I got one for my Savage 112 BVSS in .300WinMag about two years ago and it now is a pleasure to shoot. Currently shooting 208gn reloads whereas before, after about 10-15 rounds of 180-190's, I was done. If I tried to go more the flinch and recoil fatigue set in. Worth the money.

I have a 3-port Defensive Edge screw on muzzle break on my .270 Allen Magnum that works better but it's not really a apples to apples comparison (ie 170gn .277" Berger @ 3450fps/97gn powder versus 208gn .308" AMax @ 3092fps/77gn powder).

I have also shot the .270 AM without the MB and it's more tolerable than my .300 without its MB. :)

Like I said, worth the money. JohnnyK.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.