Cimarron county Oklahoma

ryan85

My wife drew a doe antelope tag for Cimarron county Oklahoma. It's a private or public land hunt. I've got permission from one land owner but would like a couple more places to hunt. Anybody know someone out that way? Also any tips for hunting antelope would be appreciated.

I am heading to Boise City Saturday for a prairie dog hunt and I will check with a couple of cousins and see what I can find out for you.

I am heading to Boise City Saturday for a prairie dog hunt and I will check with a couple of cousins and see what I can find out for you.

I'd really appreciate that. Contacted the chamber of commerce today and they said they don't have a list.

Hmm.... The gal I spoke with on the phone back in 2008 gave me several names of landowners that allowed hunting. A "list" may not exist but I'm certain they can give you some names.

Local feed co-op would also be a good contact place as would an ad in the local paper.

You can also call the area wildlife biologist. He can provide some pointers.

I personally sent letters to area landowners. Worked well for me in 2011 to obtain a landowner tag.

Hmm.... The gal I spoke with on the phone back in 2008 gave me several names of landowners that allowed hunting. A "list" may not exist but I'm certain they can give you some names.

Local feed co-op would also be a good contact place as would an ad in the local paper.

You can also call the area wildlife biologist. He can provide some pointers.

I personally sent letters to area landowners. Worked well for me in 2011 to obtain a landowner tag.

I plan on running an add in the local paper. I'll prolly call back in a couple days and see if I can talk to someone else. I thought about buying me a landowner tag for a buck if I could find one.

One thing I learned was the longer you wait, the more likely the better spots are filled.

Most farmers will let you hunt for free (they hate the antelope). Ranchers will want some $$.

Got back from the prairie dog hunt in Boise City yesterday.I talked to several landowners west of town and it seems that a lot of the owners up in that area are really mad and upset over something that the state has changed this year and are not going to allow hunting on their land.I never did fully understand but had something to do with the landowners not getting buck tags.Sorry I couldn't be more help

Antelope numbers are down. Have been since at least 2011.

That may have caused the state to limit buck tags to land owners. I know the controlled hunt tags have dropped by at least half.

Antelope numbers are down. Have been since at least 2011.

That may have caused the state to limit buck tags to land owners. I know the controlled hunt tags have dropped by at least half.
Thanks to the 4-5 yr. drought! All critters need water Most of the state is out of the drought as of this spring,,,,,, all except the panhandle and thats where the antelope are.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.