Chrony NOT working AGAIN

newmexkid

OK. The day started bad enough.Had to return to the house twice before I headed for the range. Only had 45 minutes to sight in a new scope, get a group at 100 yards, finish up at 200 yards and run the load through the Chrony. So I was rushed to say the least. Now, sitting here at home I can't figure why my Chrony doesn't want to work any longer. Help!!

Attachments

• IMGP0853 (640x480).jpg
    IMGP0853 (640x480).jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP0854 (640x480).jpg
    IMGP0854 (640x480).jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 14
I think I know what your problem is there buddy. That bullet hole. I'm thinking the bullet went too close to your battery and scared all the juice out of it. Yup, bet that's it.

I'd sit here and make fun of you but I did the same thing quite a few years ago. Back then Crony had a replacement policy that would let you trade your gut-shot Crony in for new one. Just once though. I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

Don't feel too badly. I've read of guys that have shot their Chronys on purpose, out of frustration that they were finicky, temperamental, unreliable, and otherwise problematic. One guy said the best bullet he ever fired with a Chrony was the one he fired through it - purposefully.

Last edited:
I think I know what your problem is there buddy. That bullet hole. I'm thinking the bullet went too close to your battery and scared all the juice out of it. Yup, bet that's it.

I'd sit here and make fun of you but I did the same thing quite a few years ago. Back then Crony had a replacement policy that would let you trade your gut-shot Crony in for new one. Just once though. I'm not sure if they do that anymore.

Nope. I called and asked.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.