Chronographs

I've been considering purchasing a LabRadar but I also have concerns about its use with muzzle brakes; especially after my experience of a few days ago. I was testing loads in a T-4 Terminator equipped .338-378 Wby. I had laid my Carhart jacket on the bench to the right and behind the muzzle of the rifle. The first shot blew the jacket off the bench!! I can't believe the pressure wave coming from that thing. Where could I safely position the LabRadar in relation to this rifle?

I've been considering purchasing a LabRadar but I also have concerns about its use with muzzle brakes; especially after my experience of a few days ago. I was testing loads in a T-4 Terminator equipped .338-378 Wby. I had laid my Carhart jacket on the bench to the right and behind the muzzle of the rifle. The first shot blew the jacket off the bench!! I can't believe the pressure wave coming from that thing. Where could I safely position the LabRadar in relation to this rifle?
Get a Piet trigger for the Labradar and position it pretty much wherever you want to.

Most of my heavy guns wear PK Brakes. They'll blow the hat off the guy shooting next to me. LOL
Just place the LabRadar slightly forward and to the side of the brake and it will work fine. If you look at the directions from LabRadar, that's how they recommend the unit to be set up when shooting a braked rifle.

Has anyone used a Labrador chronograph along side a large caliber rifle with a muzzle brake? Any problems with side blast?
No problems
Place behind blast from brake 12" or so and your golden.
Even with the odd missed reading I can't imagine ever going back to a standard chrony.
I just wouldn't reload if I couldn't have a LabRadar !!