Chronographs

Looking at the photo, I'm guessing the white case is an optional battery. What is the gadget that's strapped to the front of your scope?
Yes external battery, lasts 5 or more trips to the range.

Its a trigger held on with a rubber band, I now have the one with a magnet.

Yes external battery, lasts 5 or more trips to the range.

Its a trigger held on with a rubber band, I now have the one with a magnet.
Thanks again

Has anyone used a Labrador chronograph along side a large caliber rifle with a muzzle brake? Any problems with side blast?

I initially misread your post and thought you were referring to using your own braked rifle.

Using a kinetic trigger should eliminate the problem caused by the blast of a rifle on the next bench. You can also program the LabRadar to be less sensitive to extraneous blasts or set up your unit farther away from the offending rifle.

I initially misread your post and thought you were referring to using your own braked rifle.

Using a kinetic trigger should eliminate the problem caused by the blast of a rifle on the next bench. You can also program the LabRadar to be less sensitive to extraneous blasts or set up your unit farther away from the offending rifle.
My own muzzle blast was the original concern but realizing that the blast is what initiates the read on chronograph I figured that nearby rifles could cause some chaos. I saw the optional trigger on the scope pictured in the post but wasn't sure what it was for. Thanks for helping to clear this up for me.

My own muzzle blast was the original concern but realizing that the blast is what initiates the read on chronograph I figured that nearby rifles could cause some chaos. I saw the optional trigger on the scope pictured in the post but wasn't sure what it was for. Thanks for helping to clear this up for me.

I'd just add that a lot of LabRadar user recommend one of the inertia triggers. I bought one and never use it. If you don't find a need for one, save your money. BTW - that advice goes for all the aftermarket aiming devices which aren't needed either. I have no problem just peering down the V notch on the unit and getting reliable reading.

Buy a solid case from Harbor Freight and a magnetic ext battery cable. Both are good investments.

I'd just add that a lot of LabRadar user recommend one of the inertia triggers. I bought one and never use it. If you don't find a need for one, save your money. BTW - that advice goes for all the aftermarket aiming devices which aren't needed either. I have no problem just peering down the V notch on the unit and getting reliable reading.

Buy a solid case from Harbor Freight and a magnetic ext battery cable. Both are good investments.
Can you provide any details on that case from Harbor Freight? I did a quick search of their website and didn't find anything close to the size and construction I figured would be appropriate.

Can you provide any details on that case from Harbor Freight? I did a quick search of their website and didn't find anything close to the size and construction I figured would be appropriate.

LabRadar Case.jpg

You strap it to your gun and the recoil pulse from your gun going off activates the labradar instead of the muzzle blast.

Here is the guy that made the one I use https://pietrecoiltrigger.com/
I have the trigger, and the biggest frustration is it will activate and read an error when you work the bolt. which is more frustrating than missing the occasional reading from normal use, is there a way to get around the bolt triggering the radar?

Thats how I read it as well..