Chronograph my 338 RUM today.

Apparently you haven't seen my other posts.
I have used US869, however, it is no longer available in Australia, if it was, I would be using it.
Very good powder, but H50BMG is about on par with it and made just up the road, so I have a never ending supply.

Cheers.
No I didn't see other posts. One type that I never tried was R-33 or R-50. Then the crunch hits and nothing is around.

Hey WildBill,

Thanks for the info. bro,I do have a Terminator T-4 brake on the 338 and seems to be pretty effective(it's a big old honker though,almost resembles a small can).Kind of wished I would've gone with a T-3(quite a bit smaller)like I have on another 300WM which is almost as effective as the T-4.I look at it as "functional beauty". :D

You guys may have already seen this one,but just in case thought I'd post it.Watch around the 3:56 mark when he shoots this 375 without a brake,cracks me up. :D

I hear you Bill,I've spent over $700 on 3 brakes and all 3 seem very efficient so I'm done(unless I get a wild hair and decide to try one of Eric Cortina's tuner brakes down the road,though I doubt it as both of my 300WM's and the 338LM all pretty easily shoot 3 shot 1/2" groups which is more than good enough for the paper and steel I shoot at :D).I just added an adjustable bag rider from Long Shot Precision to my CA MPR,haven't got to shoot with it yet but the quality machining is excellent and will work great with a rear bag from both the bench and prone(which is all I shoot anyway).

I 'd better get out of Rum Man's post,now that I've muddied it all up(sorry bro). :D

Last edited:
Got lookig at temp sensitvity and Retumbo would only have a 32fps difference from 70 t0 0. degress That is pretty impressive given that wide of temprature range.