Chronograph help/imput needed

coyotewallace

A friend of mine and I are looking to get a new chronograph. Friend would like to have one that spits out a reciept but just looking for you guys imput on what would be the best one for the money.

Thanks for any help you can offer

Chuck

The best non commercial unit that i have found is the PVM-08. NECO moly plating bullets,firelapping,ballistic software and chronographs
The next best one is of course the oehler 35p.... But dam good luck finding one of them. The only other one i would recommend taking a look at is the CED with the IR upgraded shields. Besides that all other chronos that i have ever seen lack a bunch when compared to these chronos.

My wife bought a CED Millennium 2 for me as a Christmas gift. I ordered the IR upgrade before I ever used it so I'm not sure how well it works without the IR. Here in Alaska we shoot quite a bit with snow on the ground and under cloudy conditions. Anyway, using the IR upgrade kit, it is very nice setup. I already had a good Manfrotto tripod so didn't have to buy one as an extra. If you go this route, get the large shooting bag from Midway. Everything will fit in this bag. If you get the IR setup, you will probably also want to get the rechargeable battery pack. One of the things I really like about the CED is that I can bring it home and download all my data using the handy dandy software CED includes with unit. There has been a software update recently but you can download it from the CED web-site.

I have read lots and lots of reviews on chronographs. I debated for a long long time and finally settled on the Shooting Chrony F-1 alpha. It gives me good consistent reading 95% of the time. I think the key is following the directions and from my experience with my and other peoples when they say 10-15 feet from the muzzle they mean it. My dad has 2 of the CED chronographs and I dont feel it is any better than mine. I found it brand new on amazon for 75 bucks. Great tool to have!! I didnt pay extra for the printer cause I already had a pen and notebook...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.