Chrome lines barrels

rafterfp

Is it pretty typical for a chrome lined barrel to take some time to settle in and shoot?

Anecdotally, I've heard that some chrome-lined FN and Daniel Defense barrels will shoot, but in general it's a life-extending treatment that leads to internal irregularities. Something in the 1-3moa range seems to be pretty common.

Anecdotally, I've heard that some chrome-lined FN and Daniel Defense barrels will shoot, but in general it's a life-extending treatment that leads to internal irregularities. Something in the 1-3moa range seems to be pretty common.

Basically this. Chrome lining involves intentionally roughing the bore, so it takes extra special care to do it and keep a barrel a tight shooter. FN has a reputation for doing it well, so does Criterion.

In my opinion, it's easier to make an accurate barrel with a nitride treatment and it will be about as good as chrome lined for durability and corrosion resistance.

If you have a chrome lined AR barrel and it's a bullet hose, it is what it is.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts