Christmas for me

bamadawg2009

Well after only 4 months of waiting my new play toy finally arrived. My gunsmith called me last week and said my 280 ackley was finally done. At $1080 I can't complain about look and performance, a shilen 5.5 contour 24" fluted barrel, pillar bedded, boyds laminate thumbhole stock, trued remmy 700 action, trigger work, and a high gloss blue. I took it out yesterday to work up a load. The best load group was 3 shots of RL-22 56.0 gr. at .430 outside to outside just shooting cheap sierra flat based 140gr pro hunter this is just fireforming cases now. I will post pictures later when I come off of cloud 9. I still have the jackass eating briars grin on my face, and I'm still waiting for my leupy vx3 4.5-14x50:D

Nope this was my first time dealing with him. I work with his nephew and we went to drop off the action and I told him what I wanted and he charged me parts and $200 to put it together.

No but I do after outshooting all my other friends 4-$5000 custom rigs. And they really get mad when I tell them I got a VX3 4.5-14x50 leupy with custom knobs on the way for $480 brand new from Leupold. I mean this gun shoots like this with a cheap $120 Pentax gameseeker on it imagine what it can do when I put a good scope and start loading some 140 Bergers over Ackley charges at extended ranges. Oh yeah did I mention $1080 for a sub .5 MOA rifle.:D I will post pics next week after the Leupy is finally on its new home, Im embarrassed at the green ring Pentax on it now so no eye candy for you guys yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts