Christensens Ridgeline 6.5 PRC questions

bgbuck153

My girlfriend is wanting her own gun for next season. She likes the ridgline. The question I have is if anyone knows what the freebore would be? Also has anyone tried loading the 156 Berger's seated out but still fit in the bottom box? Does anyone know the OA length of the bottom box?

Lots of people loading 156s in the ridgeline seated to 2.950, fits in the mag box which is slightly over 3.0 and having good accuracy and speeds around 3000fps. Lots of discussion on this topic on mutliple forums.

The ridgeline is a nice rifle, but for the price, I'd suggest a seekins havak ph2. The saami freebore for the prc is 0.188" which is LONG for a short action and using Berger bullets. The seekins has a carbon fiber detach magazine that's 3.15" internal length allowing you to load out to the lands. They have rock creek barrels, and in my experience(owned both) the havak will run smoother after it broken in. Christensen actions have a lot of slop. They can be hit and miss on accuracy as well. Haven't heard of a havak not shooting. Customer service from Glen and the rest the Seekins team is fantastic IF you'll ever need em.

My girlfriend is wanting her own gun for next season. She likes the ridgline. The question I have is if anyone knows what the freebore would be? Also has anyone tried loading the 156 Berger's seated out but still fit in the bottom box? Does anyone know the OA length of the bottom box?
I have the BA Tactical in 6.5 PRC - it will shoot the 156's just fine. Also, I was debating between the christensen and the seekins and seekins action is no where near as smooth as christensens. I am super happy with my purchase. It shoots Factory ammo between 1/2-3/4 MOA and handloads 1/4 moa.

Mine doesn't have any slop and is crazy accurate. Plus they have the same accuracy guarantee as the seekins, so you really can't go wrong...
My seekins went to my dad after I broke it in and worked up hand loads. It's definitely way smoother after 250 rounds than when it was new. I've had 3 Christensen rifles, 2 ridgeline and a MPR. The ridgeline are gone, and still have the MPR. I didn't like the low comb stocks, junk spot bedding, no the loose tolerances of the action, yes its smooth, but it just feels sloppy to me, my opinion. Everyone has their opinions. I will say, Scheels sporting goods has a special run of ridgeline rifles that have a custom camo stock and they look sexy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.