Christensen ridgeline stock upgrade

Actually just looked at Mesa again and they've raised their prices, I could almost get the AG and have the smithing done for around the same price as just the stock from Mesa now. Might be simpler and cheaper
What ag stocks are you considering? I have an alpine hunter, which I like a lot. Also have a visigoth being fitted to a lone peak razor ti chambered in 7mm sherman max at the moment, should have it back here in the next couple weeks.

What ag stocks are you considering? I have an alpine hunter, which I like a lot. Also have a visigoth being fitted to a lone peak razor ti chambered in 7mm sherman max at the moment, should have it back here in the next couple weeks.

actually between those two exactly. Really like the Visigoth. I think I'm going to go that route as it's cheaper and probably just less hassle then shipping to Mesa. I've never ordered from AG, what are the average lead times you've experienced?

actually between those two exactly. Really like the Visigoth. I think I'm going to go that route as it's cheaper and probably just less hassle then shipping to Mesa. I've never ordered from AG, what are the average lead times you've experienced?
Their website states 8, my first stock was 7 couple years ago, my second was 10. Personally I think if you shoot prone more often than not, the alpine is better. Another I suggest you look at is the axial precision carbon hunter stock. I just orderd one. The stocks very similar to a gunwerks in the comb, very good design, the only gripe I have is the lack of true vertical grip. But we'll see how I like it.

A private citizen can send to an FFL no problem UPS, FedEx and USPS long guns and shotguns.
Pistols and ammo have to go UPS and Fedex

Also Mesa says they need to mill out the bottom metal inlet? Anyone with a Christensen have any experience? I know the action is a 700 clone so it'll drop in fine for both with the exception of that bolt release button.
I moved a Ridgeline from factory stock to a McMillan Game Hunter. The stock was inlet for BDL bottom metal and my Christensen fit in fine with only needing to file down to allow the bolt release to move. But, the McMillan stock had less distance from bottom metal to action. I had to get shorter action screws and I also had to use a belt sander on the internal box magazine to shorten it down a bit. The stock had pillars pre-installed and McMillan advised to use those without bedding to see how it shot before I went with a bedding job. Only had time on next outing for 2 3-shot groups and they were .78" and .73" with Berger factory ammo with 215s so I decided not mess with it.

I put my Ridgeline into a McMillan Game Hunter stock. I had to open the slot for the bolt handle a little bit for the swept angle. I also used Hawkins bottom metal because the CA bottom metal was a different inlet.
If you aren't dead set on one of those other stocks, check the Game Hunter out. I like it a lot.

If you have purchased the rifle and filled out the NICS check, then you can ship it to any vendor or smith to have the stock fitted and they can ship it back to your home. No FFL is required. I'm not sure of the process if you purchased it from a private party but would guess it's the same as long as you are the owner. An FFL is only required during sale/purchase/transfer of the firearm/receiver. I have shipped several rifles and pistols this way.

I have a 6.5 CM Ridgeline and I kept the factory stock but completely reworked it and bedded the barreled action. Made a big difference and it's a pretty nice stock as it is. I added 2 flush cups and a small forward rail for my Atlas bipod as well. All costing me about $60 DIY. I also have a Mesa Precision stock that I'm building a 6.5 PRC on. Just waiting for my Defiance Tenacity action. Not sure I could justify myself trashing my Ridgeline stock with the performance I get from it after bedding. Stock just showed up. Very nice!

Attachments

• 43F026BB-E170-4C88-81B9-AE5AD2FA3B3D.jpeg
    43F026BB-E170-4C88-81B9-AE5AD2FA3B3D.jpeg
    431.3 KB · Views: 412
  • C0DF89CA-2CF1-4410-9101-946903DAF619.jpeg
    C0DF89CA-2CF1-4410-9101-946903DAF619.jpeg
    370.8 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
Just out of curiosity as well, has anyone out there used a stockeys vg2 ultralight? Looks great and price is right!

If you have purchased the rifle and filled out the NICS check, then you can ship it to any vendor or smith to have the stock fitted and they can ship it back to your home. No FFL is required.
Only if its within your state you reside in. Any interstate shipping has to go to a FFL holder.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200216-050311_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200216-050311_Chrome.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 156
Only if its within your state you reside in. Any interstate shipping has to go to a FFL holder.
Is that a recent amendment? In the last year I've had two gunsmiths ship completed rifles to my house via ups from out of state, no ffl involved.

Is that a recent amendment? In the last year I've had two gunsmiths ship completed rifles to my house via ups from out of state, no ffl involved.
How can you be a legal gunsmith without an FFL? anything that comes into your shop and stays for more than 24 hrs has to be logged in to your book and kept in a safe.

You as a non- FFL holder have to ship to a FFL holder if it goes out of state. The FFL holder can ship back to non- FFL as long as it's been transferred in your name before he has recieved it.
Hope this makes sense