Christensen ridgeline stock upgrade

Jakeweb09

I have a ridgeline in 6.5 Creedmoor that I want to put a new stock on. I've been looking at AG composites and the Mesa precision altitude, has anyone dropped one into either of these? I know the bolt release button is lower on the Christensen then Standard 700s so I'm curious what you all do to remedy the issue? And maybe some example pics? I talked to Mesa and they will cut the stock to fit if I send the barreled action into them but obviously that adds to the cost and I've been leaning more toward the AG. But if sending it in is gonna be the best option for top notch fit/finish I might just go that route. Opinions and examples would be much appreciated!

I put mine in a Stocky's carbon fiber with the adjustable cheek piece. Had to cut the notch for the bolt release but that was no big deal, used files. For the feature/price point and availability I'm happy but I haven't shot it yet.

AG gets my vote I've used 6 of them, there fit and finish has been spot on.
Call and talk to them about the bolt release I bet they can make it fit there customer service is great. Last time I ordered a stock was told 6 weeks got it in 5

I dont own a Christian arms but I'm curious why everyone wants to upgrade their stock,are they just cheap plastic or just not stiff enough for everyone I am just curious. Thanks cody

I dont own a Christian arms but I'm curious why everyone wants to upgrade their stock,are they just cheap plastic or just not stiff enough for everyone I am just curious. Thanks cody
They're a lighter wight composite, but the comb on them is extremely low and have a very deep angled grip, not conductive to long range shooting at all. There are a lot better options, ans lighter too. Personally the Mesa Precision altitude stock is a nice crossover between sporter/long range. And it's very light at 26oz, rigid and has very good feel.

Yup I'd prefer a stiffer stock with a higher cheek weld and more vertical grip. Christensen makes some decent stocks on their higher end guns but the Mesa and ridgeline get the classic sporter style stock. It's much nicer then a Walmart gun stock forsure but some of the aftermarket stocks are still head and shoulders above the factory Christensen sporter.

I've talked with Mesa precision and they say that the Christensen bottom metal/mag box has a slightly different footprint then the standard 700 so it needs a bit of inletting work to make it all fit, but that they would do it for free if I paid for the bed job and sent them the barreled action. AG says they don't have a Christensen action and don't do any custom work so it's not so much of an option..I know it'll still fit with a little bit of work and since I don't know how to bed I'd have to pay a smith to do it along with the bedding job. Thinking I'll wind up with a better fit and finish with the Mesa precision so I think that's going to be my route. Kind of a bummer since I really like the looks of that AG Visigoth! Things a beauty and extremely light

I've talked with Mesa precision and they say that the Christensen bottom metal/mag box has a slightly different footprint then the standard 700 so it needs a bit of inletting work to make it all fit, but that they would do it for free if I paid for the bed job and sent them the barreled action. AG says they don't have a Christensen action and don't do any custom work so it's not so much of an option..I know it'll still fit with a little bit of work and since I don't know how to bed I'd have to pay a smith to do it along with the bedding job. Thinking I'll wind up with a better fit and finish with the Mesa precision so I think that's going to be my route. Kind of a bummer since I really like the looks of that AG Visigoth! Things a beauty and extremely light
Ag makes the Mesa stock. It's a standard 700 inlet. If Mesa can mod an altitude to fit a CA action(Rem700 clone), than an AG stock with 700 inlet will work too. Find a decent smith to pillar/glass bed the ag and it'll be just fine.

I'm aware AG makes the Mesa, but I don't have any gunsmiths I know and trust near me, and I feel comfortable with Mesa precision's abilities to do the work. Although the shipping/ffl fees make it a decent amount more.

Also Mesa says they need to mill out the bottom metal inlet? Anyone with a Christensen have any experience? I know the action is a 700 clone so it'll drop in fine for both with the exception of that bolt release button.

I'm aware AG makes the Mesa, but I don't have any gunsmiths I know and trust near me, and I feel comfortable with Mesa precision's abilities to do the work. Although the shipping/ffl fees make it a decent amount more.
Do you already own the CA rifle? If so, there should be no reason you cant pack the barreled action into a fitting discreet package and send it to them. Nothing illegal in that. I've had rifles/actions that were already mine shipped that way more than a few times.

Do you already own the CA rifle? If so, there should be no reason you cant pack the barreled action into a fitting discreet package and send it to them. Nothing illegal in that. I've had rifles/actions that were already mine shipped that way more than a few times.

hmm I didn't know this was legal..is there any catches to that or specific shippers that do it? That might Be the way to go.

Actually just looked at Mesa again and they've raised their prices, I could almost get the AG and have the smithing done for around the same price as just the stock from Mesa now. Might be simpler and cheaper

hmm I didn't know this was legal..is there any catches to that or specific shippers that do it? That might Be the way to go.
Idk, I've shipped actions via usps, and a highly known gunsmith has sent me a completed rifle directly to my home via ups. I don't think he'd break the law and loose his highly successful business.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.