Christensen ridgeline fft or feirce carbon rival

Epifer

Looking at these two rifles in either a 7mm rem mag or 28 nosler for mostly hunting out west for elk, mule deer and may eventually go after a moose, that being said would like some opinions on which of these two rifle and calibers to go with, or options in about that same price range?

Fierce carbon 28 Nosler. Hearing mixed reviews of Christensen and the extra horsepower for the big game will be a bonus for 7mm projectiles. 7mm rem will have considerable longer barrel life and factory ammunition available compared to the 28 Nosler

No doubt I'd go with fierce. I've had two Christensen's and sold them both for my fierce rifles. I couldn't be happier with them

Out here in the west where long shots are common and swirling wind in the canyons will test your skill level we use heavy bullets to buck the wind. A fast 7mm will still submit to the winds faster than a big 30 or my favorite the 338 Edge with 300gr custom comps. If your not in the market for a 338 cartridge, I would suggest the 300 PRC with 212gr bullets. I sit on logging roads and shoot across the canyons 350-1200 yards. Having shot the 28 Nosler and 300 PRC the recoil is about the same as the 338 Edge with heavy bullets.

I would choose Fierce over Christensen and it's not even close. If 28 Nosler is what you want, get it…don't let guys here try and tell you it's not big enough.

I will say I'm not a fan of double ejectors (just not needed and they will pressure up earlier, in my experience) and both of those have double ejectors.

Good luck!

I've owned both and I own zero Christensen now so that should say it all.
I would take Fierce over Christensen any day.

I have to point out that Fierce reputation is built off of Red Antlers guns. They built them in Canada and shipped them to Utah with the Fierce name on them. Now that John is building everything in house the accuracy does not seem to be coming with them. No more targets in the box that was standard for all of the Edge lines. The Red Antler made rifles came with a target showing it can shoot .5 moa. If you own a Fury, Carbon Fury, Edge, Twisted Edge, Carbon Edge or Carbon Titanium Edge you have a made by Red Antler rifle. The Rage line and the Rival line are made in Utah. The Rival line has already had a recall for their triggers. The owner is John Mogal former Vice President of Christensen Arms.

Last edited:
I have to point out that Fierce reputation is built off of Red Antlers guns. They built them in Canada and shipped them to Utah with the Fierce name on them. Now that John is building everything in house the accuracy does not seem to be coming with them. No more targets in the box that was standard for all of the Edge lines. The Red Antler made rifles came with a target showing it can shoot .5 moa. If you own a Fury, Carbon Fury, Edge, Twisted Edge, Carbon Edge or Carbon Titanium Edge you have a made by Red Antler rifle. The Sage line and the Rival line are made in Utah. The Rival line has already had a recall for their triggers. The owner is John Mogal former Vice President of Christensen Arms.
Wow.. Softtail103...thank you for all of that intel & insight! I have a Carbon Fury & love it but didn't know about the changes of manufacturing- Utah etc.