Christensen ridge line

Excavator

My brother and I bought 3 of these 6.5 creed, 308 and 300 wsm. The only one that we can get to shoot sub moa, with factory loads is the 6.5 creed. Here is where I was not impressed. I called them today, to see what loads they are testing them with. The super nice and informative guy informed me. That they built the 300 wsm around a 150-165 grain pill. He told me to try fed premium 165 trophy copper or 150 Barnes ttsx.
I would of thought they would of built these guns with 180-200 grain pills in mind.
That being said, I love the guns other then the third shot flyers and the stock. It is very round on the forend. Then he proceeded to tell me to check the free float. He said they seem to have a problem with them needing to be floated.
Not a big deal, if floating fixes the flyers. That being said at $1,995 you would think they would check the barrel channel.

It shoots match ammo about .8 Just not any of the hunting loads he has tried. Not bad but, far from what a 5r mill spec will do for less then half the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.