Christensen modern precision pistol

Has anybody played around with one of these in 308? Any luck with a load or factory ammo?
For that kind of money I would go with a different product, or just build a custom one exactly the way that you want it. Christiansen arms has had a record of having inconsistent accuracy, and I would hate to spend that much money and have something that didn't shoot well

They are a fun novelty firearm. I have shot them with no problems at all. With a good hand load for the short barrel it could be a great compact. The XP or CP are pistols not compact rifles. As for Christensen Arms the other guys obviously don't care for them. They keep selling rifles everyday and Remington is still gone. Feel good buying a CA rifle.

It is not that I don't like them in general.
I have seen enough of them, to know that it is a roll of the dice whether you get a good shooting one or not. If I am going to spend that amount of money, I want to be sure it shoots great.
I have a good friend that has one in a 28 Nosler that stacks bullets on top of each other, while others I know, well, they don't do that regardless of the skill and effort.
If I wanted to get a CA gun, it would be a used one, that has been proven to shoot good.
I don't have a problem with someone who wants one or owns one, it is their money and choice

I have been selling them for 10 years. 2 came back. One of those needed a new barrel the other action screw was cross threaded and not seated in the stock. I find it odd that those who spend thousands on a custom light weight carbon barrel rifle are almost always hand loaders, and those who buy CA or Fierce carbon style are almost always box ammo shooters. To expect the same results with a different process is a very inaccurate test. CA with a hand load is as accurate as any custom carbon rifle made. The real problem with these carbon rifles is they heat up quickly and hold it. They string shots when they get hot. I have explained this to customers for years. Carbon for hunting and steel for shooting. This is the answer I have come up with after a decade of selling lightweight carbon rifles. They just are not meant for extended shooting sessions. They are meant for carrying in the field for hunting.

Last edited:
Price was right and different set up that will be nice and light. They are a neat concept. In case someone is curious I shot some 155 bergers at 2515 FPS and 178 eld m at 2329 fps with magneto speed. Neither with very hot loads of varget. I wasn't trying for accuracy, I was mostly curious what velocity range I would be working with. If anyone else has had any expertise with a bullet or factory load please add to it.

Glad to get some feed back where I can't find any for 308. I thought I would hear have it chambered in a Sherman and shoot hammer bullets. At this point with CA you win some you lose some. Great point about Remington being done and CA selling the heck out of rifles. They keep coming out with innovating rifles in popular calibers where Remington struggled to keep up.

Price was right and different set up that will be nice and light. They are a neat concept. In case someone is curious I shot some 155 bergers at 2515 FPS and 178 eld m at 2329 fps with magneto speed. Neither with very hot loads of varget. I wasn't trying for accuracy, I was mostly curious what velocity range I would be working with. If anyone else has had any expertise with a bullet or factory load please add to it.

Glad to get some feed back where I can't find any for 308. I thought I would hear have it chambered in a Sherman and shoot hammer bullets. At this point with CA you win some you lose some. Great point about Remington being done and CA selling the heck out of rifles. They keep coming out with innovating rifles in popular calibers where Remington struggled to keep up.
Good for you.
Barrel length?
I run factory TAP (168 A-Max) at 2445 fps with 14.5" barrel in a Single-Shot XP-100