Christensen has me scratching my head

I have switched to larue tactical rings on all of my rifles from 25-06 thru 338-06 and have no issues. Ken Farrell makes excellent rails for just about anything.

What else do you expect? The Christensen Ridgeline only has a 1" MOA guarantee, just like HOWA, Weatherby Vanguard, Remington and many other rifles out there. Your trying to make diamonds out of coal. To get a production grade rifle to shoot much better than what you are getting may be unrealistic.

A solid, true, 1 moa rifle is a killer to 1000y. Pretty much the same as "My rifle shoots .5 moa all day long, if I do my part".

Steve

As others have said, stick to high quality rings! Especially with light guns and fairly heavy calibers. Number one point of impact shift with a high quality rifle is mounting solution errors. Poor quality rings, improper torque on your mounting screws, etc.

Remington92 I shoot 180 barnes tsx with 94gn rl25 its magic if I haven't got the three shot group touching it's me pulling I also use the 175 lrx barnes both loads work very well out of my 300rum

I had that exact same grouping experience with a Christensen 300 rum. Tried about 25 different loads before I decided to just use the retumbo load with the lowest SD. The rifle would only group about 3/4 moa but it still killed several animals without any trouble all the way out to 1000 yds. My adice for what it's worth is don't burn the barrel out trying to shoot ragged holes when your time is probably better spent sending bullets into the wind way out.

I'm sorry if I sound like an jerk but I'd expect an 1800 rifle to be able to shoot a 1" guarantee at least with the Ammo they guarantee it with? If all I should reasonably expect from this thing is 1.5-3" I'll send it down the river and get 3 bergaras that I know shoot

Last edited:
They are Leupold pwr rings? Is that fairly common for these? I've always had decent look with them on smaller rifles. I'm just confused cause the rifle really doesn't thump at all with that brake, and the rings were torqued to spec at the shop I bought it from
Anything over my .270 I have gone away from the Leupold PWR rings... the PMR rings from Vortex or the extreme rings from nightforce have been great for me.

I would never trust the shop to torque to specs.... use your own when you get home and double check, and then again after your first box of ammo to make sure everythings holding correctly. I also use loctite on the screws.

Hey there I'm haivng issues getting my Christensen ridgeline 300rum to group well. I've tried r26, and retumbo so far with with 215 Berger and 212 eldx. I hadn't been having any luck so I started from scratch today and tried the ocw method. Now out of 5 groups 4 of them would would have 2 rounds touching and the 3rd about an inch away.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks
Where do you go from here? Sell it! I went thru so much time trying to get mine to group, I returned it for poor accuracy. It grouped moa for 140's but terrible for 168, 175, 170 in 7mm rem.

They have my 28 Nosler right now due to the same issue. I should hear back from them end of the week. I will let you know what they say, and will be curious what they tell you about yours. I really hope they treat me fair on mine and do what it takes to get to 1 moa. If they do I will be buying the Mesa long range to go with my Ridgeline. If they tell me too bad so sad, I will be selling it and never buying another Christensen again and warning others of the issues that they won't stand behind.

They have my 28 Nosler right now due to the same issue. I should hear back from them end of the week. I will let you know what they say, and will be curious what they tell you about yours. I really hope they treat me fair on mine and do what it takes to get to 1 moa. If they do I will be buying the Mesa long range to go with my Ridgeline. If they tell me too bad so sad, I will be selling it and never buying another Christensen again and warning others of the issues that they won't stand behind.
Where do you go from here? Sell it! I went thru so much time trying to get mine to group, I returned it for poor accuracy. It grouped moa for 140's but terrible for 168, 175, 170 in 7mm rem.

Ya we'll see, I personally think it's unnacceptable that a rifle with that price tag won't atleast shoot to the inch guarantee with the Ammo they guarantee it with.

Hopefully they fix it, if not it'll be going down the river and I'll be back to the drawing board of what rifle to pick.

Ya we'll see, I personally think it's unnacceptable that a rifle with that price tag won't atleast shoot to the inch guarantee with the Ammo they guarantee it with.

Hopefully they fix it, if not it'll be going down the river and I'll be back to the drawing board of what rifle to pick.

I'm pretty sure it's not Christensens fault that your scope is shifting under recoil...

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.