Christensen ELR 6.5 prc max coal and CBTO?

Captmattson

I know I could measure this but I'm stuck in a bind due to covid. My new rifle has been stuck at an FFL and Im stuck out of the country for work. I probably won't be able to make it back stateside until hunting season in starting.

I'm hoping someone has a ELR 6.5 prc who can give me the magazine max coal and CBTO to lands. I'll be loading 156 Bergers. Yes I know it can vary with different guns but it could get me close so I can have a buddy start building be a few different loads to start testing as soon as I make it stateside. I'm going to have to hit the ground running with this new rifle.

Thanks!

Last edited:
If you are referring to CBTO touching lands, you'll have to measure it. It depends on on the reamer freebore and the bullet you're going to use. Someone with the same rifle, shooting the same bullet "might" get you close.

It would be a good idea to buy the Hornady comparator sets for bullets & measuring base to datum for headspace, if you don't already have them. Then use Wheeler Method to find your exact touch length and optimal shoulder bump. I'm assuming you will be reloading for the rifle.

If you are referring to CBTO touching lands, you'll have to measure it. It depends on on the reamer freebore and the bullet you're going to use. Someone with the same rifle, shooting the same bullet "might" get you close.

It would be a good idea to buy the Hornady comparator sets for bullets & measuring base to datum for headspace, if you don't already have them. Then use Wheeler Method to find your exact touch length and optimal shoulder bump. I'm assuming you will be reloading for the rifle.

Thanks. That is what I'm asking and just hoping to get close. I know it varies. I added the bullets I'll be loading. (I'm having some ammo loaded for me so I can start load development the day I land in the States. Fingers crossed for the "might"

Your suggestion is exactly what I would like to do but being stuck in a foreign country with my rifle in a sealed box at a FFL is SC is making it impossible for me to measure. I've been stuck for 6 months and I ordered the rifle thinking I would be back stateside in March. I'm just glad i didn't hold my breath.

Your best bet would be emailing CA and describe your situation. Bet they could get you close, if a member, with your rifle & the156, doesn't chime in.
Good luck, hope you make it home safely.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.