Christensen Arms so many for sale

I have two and at one time had four. All of them shot well under the listed MOA and I have been very fortunate to not have had a singe issue with any of them. I have a 6.5 PRC and a 300 PRC and both are sub MOA rifles. One in a Ridgeline and one in a Traverse. Would buy another tomorrow if the itch hits.

I've been thinking about purchasing a Christensen Arms rifle but looking at the classified there are four for sale on the first page. About like Vortex scopes, is it due to so many in circulation or do they have that many issues.
I've worked up loads for only two of them and the they both ended up shooting very well. I personally do not own one and it's not my preference but to each his own. Personally, I'm not a competitive shooter but love working up loads for hunting rifles to achieve as close to possible competition accuracy. Enjoy your choice and best of luck.

Last edited:
I have been happy with my ridgeline. It did take about 80 rounds for it to come to life. After that is shot about everything well. On my second outing with the rifle when it was new I had the action screws come loose. This was probably the problem with the questionable accuracy out of the box

Own Ridgeline and Mesa. And, as said prior, you have to shoot about 80 to100 rounds before they become real shooters. I was about to pull what little hair I have left out until about round count of 60 then things come together. Or ,you can get some Hammer bullets and cut that by about75%.
It took my .280AI Ridgeline approximately 200 rounds and was very frustrating at times. Now it shoots very well consistently. Almost sold it, but I'm glad I kept shooting and found the right loads. Keeper!

I own 2, would buy another one in a minute. Stay away from the problem chamberings and you'll be a happy man.
I love My Mesa in 338 Lapua ... Would buy another, maybe Ridgeline in 28 Nosler ..Sadly just a Pricey SS Remington clone with a Carbon Barrel ... Shoots -1/2 MOA ,when I can ... No feed or Chambering issues with Hornady or Lapua Brass , in both 3 and 5 round Mags

I have the mesa LR in 300 prc and really like it. I did have the action screws come loose but that's my bad. I wouldn't hesitate recommending one but I would put some nail polish or similar on the action screws at least on the larger calibers

I love My Mesa in 338 Lapua ... Would buy another, maybe Ridgeline in 28 Nosler ..Sadly just a Pricey SS Remington clone with a Carbon Barrel ... Shoots -1/2 MOA ,when I can ... No feed or Chambering issues with Hornady or Lapua Brass , in both 3 and 5 round Mags
Sense Remington can't make a really good rifle of my choice at the present I'm good with a clone that is this well made. Lucked out three weeks ago and picked up a stainless700 tactical .223 5R that had been in a safe for years but never fired. Missed getting a threaded barrel one by an hour. Guy is in a battle with cancer and is having to sell off his toys. I hate it for him. And it wasn't cheap. But I'm happy to get it. Shoots everything you put in it very well. And bug holes with Hornadys TAP 55 grain VMAX

I bought a Ridgeline 20" .308 a month ago. I was a little nervous about it after hearing about "issues". I have no issues. Its a one hole gun with Freedom Munitions Amax ammo at $24 a box. Even if you had one of the few with problems, you'll like the way Christensen handles the problems.
I think the 28 not and 300 PRC are the troublesome ones. Buy and enjoy the light and accurate CA Ridgeline.

e

They sell a lot of rifles, you never hear about the happy owners, which are many, only the few who had real or not so real issues. CA tells everyone who calls them about accuracy issues not to call back until about sixty to eighty rounds are fired. If your still having a problem they are more than happy to help fix it. I can name half dozen other rifle maker who get products returned, but it only seems to be CA that get bashed here. I've returned CZ,s Ruger and Remington myself for problems. CZ was a trigger problem, Ruger shot 5 inch groups. Remington failed to eject. Had a Savage long range hunter that nearly had every thing on it replaced.

I bought my first ridgeline from a member here, 6.5CM.. consistent 1/2" gun, has planted 17 WT deer in my freezer.. bought a 300WM on sale from BP.. 1/2" when I can do my part.. bought it for a CO elk trip.. hasn't put anything in the freezer yet.. I'm thinking it shoots great, just unlucky.. lol

Eurooptic was having a pretty good sale on them. Many were $1615-17xx. You can't buy the components for that. That is a pretty ridiculous price for sure.
Surprisingly, they're still selling many of em for that. Better hurry I'd say.