Christensen Arms Rifles

kodiak338

Does anybody own one of these rifles or know of someone who does and if so how do you or they like them? I have heard a lot of good things about them but was surprised with all the knowledge here that I didn't see any discussion of them on this site. I was just curious. The rifles seem very lite at about 6.5 lbs with a bull barrel carbon wrap with shilen barrel liners and a 1/2" moa. They have a lot of custom options offered as well such as stocks, triggers, brakes.Any info would help as I am thinking of purchasing one. I am new to the site but have been reading and following for a few months now and think it's great. I have been getting into long range shooting over the last few years and so far my longest was my Alberta Antelope Buck 2 years ago taken with my Remington LSS 7mm Ultra Mag at a ranged 540 yards using 150gr Swift Scirocco's and 89.5gr of H1000. He dropped in his tracks and I was hooked. All the time spent at the range and the reloading bench payed off when it had to.

IMG_0167.jpg

I've known at least four people with Christensen rifles and not one of them was happy with the performance. I'm sorry I don't remember specifics.

for what they charge you can have one built and with a better barrel than the Christian and if done by a good smith will probably shoot circles around the Christian built gun

I have see nquite a few and shot some and rebarreled some. I also have not ran into a single person that felt the rifle was worth it or was even reasonably happy with them. I agree with the other guys if light is what you want get a real rifle built to the weight desired by a smith with a top quality barrel of the profile you desire and you will be much happier.

You would be better served by putting a Mcmillan stock and a new lilja barrel on your LSS. Maybe even a Heroin/Jewell trigger.
I call jewell triggers Heroin triggers because once you try one you are hooked!

You will save a bunch of $$$ too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Get a good smith to true up the action and put the barrel and stock on and you will be WAY better than a Christensen or an HS precision, or those ridulous Blaser rifles.

I agree with what already been said. I have never met a person totally satisfied with either a rebarrel or full custom gun from Christensen Arms. Get a known gunsmith( read Shawn Or Kirby) to rebarrel and straighten up your action and tune the stock stock trigger. You will be money and ahead and have a potentially better shooter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If your dead set on a light weight bull barrels get one from Mike at ABS , its a Rock Creek barrel thats carbon wrapped , their supposed to be a little heavier but much better than the Christians
then get yourself a Lone Wolf carbon stock the barrel and stock is gonna run you about $1200-$1400 then have you actions lightened and then built right. you'll be much happier even if the build cost from the smith it $500-$600 you'll be under the cost of the Christian.

But unless your gonna be shoot several rounds fast the nedd for anything heavier than a medium sporter conture realy isin't called for.

I'm gonna be building one soon , Hightech Specialties stock weighs in at 1.5lbs , LT varmint Rock creek barrel fluted , Talley one piece rings and mounts and the action lightened a little bit.
I'm aiming for scope and gun weight around 7lbs the whole deal will be well under $2000 as I'm doing the work my self

I have a custom Carbon One chambered in .223 and it's a consistent 1/2 moa (and sometimes a bit less) shooter when I do my part. Mine has a Shilen barrel, a Shilen trigger, and a RimRock stock.

Are they worth the money .... probably not but I got mine used at a substantial savings. If I were going to pay retail and wanted a very light rifle I would probably look hard at Mel Forbes NULA's.

i did alot of reseach and desided to have Nate at SSG build and ultra light. mine will be chambered in 300 ultra mag. has a 26inch abs barrrel and a titanium brake.as lone wolf is building my stock with there new mold. it is built of carbon and kevlar. stock weight is 1 lb. the action is being lightened and is a remington 700 with a timney trigger.

from what i have seen and rea about other carbon barrels i wouldnt recomend any one but ABS that breing said order your barrel a year in advance. all though i have heard they ahve hired more staff i ordered mine in January and iam supposed to get it this week after being late by 2 weeks.

I have two CA rifles and have never had a problem, I have several other custom rifles and most of the time I choose to hunt with the Ca rifle. They shoot some really tight groups and are dang lite.

I think people confuse these rifles with the heavy long range rifles which to me are a totaly differant animals. The CA rifle is going for as lite as possable not as steady when it comes to super long range, 800 plus yards.

They don't use middle of the line shilen barrels, They use the highest grade shilen has or you can choose from many other barrel companys on the carbon one custom. So I don't know who that poster came up with that info

I have two CA rifles and have never had a problem, I have several other custom rifles and most of the time I choose to hunt with the Ca rifle. They shoot some really tight groups and are dang lite.

I think people confuse these rifles with the heavy long range rifles which to me are a totaly differant animals. The CA rifle is going for as lite as possable not as steady when it comes to super long range, 800 plus yards.

They don't use middle of the line shilen barrels, They use the highest grade shilen has or you can choose from many other barrel companys on the carbon one custom. So I don't know who that poster came up with that info

Things may have changed but at the time I looked into them, the info from CA was that they didnt offer barrels other than shilen and they they were match and NOT select match. This is where I came up with the info, right from CA. Like I said, things may have changed.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.