Christensen arms Ridgeline

When forming your brass, jam the bullet if possible. My chamber is 8 thou deeper than the shoulder on lapua brass. Half my cases aren't blowing forward, and come out of the chamber very smokey. The othe half has fired forward correctly. So I've got to form another 24 pieces, some actually shrunk a few thou fn weird, never had that happen before. My charge weight may be too low as well. I backed off Cuz the first 3 rounds had pressure signs ar 55gr and suspect it was the 2 thou neck clearance of unturned brass. What a pita. It's still shooting moa groups or less while forming which is bizarre, even with all this crap going on.
Holy crap dude!
Sounds like your chamber is all out of spec, that sucks.
I had some Peterson brass that was out of spec on a 338.
I had. 002 neck clearance and was getting pressure signs, turning to .005 clearance fixed it

Holy crap dude!
Sounds like your chamber is all out of spec, that sucks.
I had some Peterson brass that was out of spec on a 338.
I had. 002 neck clearance and was getting pressure signs, turning to .005 clearance fixed it
Chamber isn't out of spec, it's Sammi. Lapua brass is just thick necked and short on headspace. Lapua has been making their brass a lot longer than this case has had saami specs, and they haven't changed dimensions. Hopefully the peterson 284 that'll be turning/necking down has the shoulder further ahead.

You're going to love the 6.5-284. Tack driver and very mild recoil. The 140gr Berger VLD seems to be a perfect storm in the 6.5. Great accuracy and performance. Use RL23......very temp stable and will get you 3000 fps. I either shoot the VLD or the 124 gr Hammer Hunter monolithic bullet. It's a laser.
2890 ft./s
6B0D6F94-4866-430F-8D9D-DE68D2896354.jpeg

After a couple cocktails, I got a wild hair to do my first bedding job. Put the new vg2 stocky's on, glass bed job, I didn't think it turned out horrible. On a plus note, now my bolt does not bind up with the scope torqued in any position. So I feel the factory bedding of the front lug and none on rear pillar may have been flexing the action. Rifle weighs 6.8# with the new stock glass bed, brake and scope rail.
IMG_20200507_162440.jpg
IMG_20200507_110604.jpg

Last edited:
After a couple cocktails, I got a wild hair to do my first bedding job. Put the new vg2 stocky's on, glass bed job, I didn't think it turned out horrible. On a plus note, now my bolt does not bind up with the scope torqued in any position. So I feel the factory bedding of the front lug and none on rear pillar may have been flexing the action. Rifle weighs 6.8# with the new stock glass bed, brake and scope rail.View attachment 192452View attachment 192453

Im curious to see how it shoots. Mine is almost up and running. I've got most of the parts now and I bedded the scope base on tonight. As soon as I decide which scope to put on it, I'll put some 156s down range.

After a couple cocktails, I got a wild hair to do my first bedding job. Put the new vg2 stocky's on, glass bed job, I didn't think it turned out horrible. On a plus note, now my bolt does not bind up with the scope torqued in any position. So I feel the factory bedding of the front lug and none on rear pillar may have been flexing the action. Rifle weighs 6.8# with the new stock glass bed, brake and scope rail.View attachment 192452View attachment 192453

How are those Hawkins rings for height in clearance? I've thought about getting a set of those in 35mm, but I'm a little concerned that the lows at .885" from rail top to the center of the scope tube aren't high enough to clear everything.

How are those Hawkins rings for height in clearance? I've thought about getting a set of those in 35mm, but I'm a little concerned that the lows at .885" from rail top to the center of the scope tube aren't high enough to clear everything.
Hawkins low 35mm fit with a lot of clearance. The medium is TIGHT on the 56mm objective mk5hd, that's on a Terminus helios w/ 1.25" proof sendero barrel. Cannot get scope cover on.

Hawkins low 35mm fit with a lot of clearance. The medium is TIGHT on the 56mm objective mk5hd, that's on a Terminus helios w/ 1.25" proof sendero barrel. Cannot get scope cover on.

How about space between the rail and the turret housing? Does the bolt clear the magnification ring and throw lever?

How about space between the rail and the turret housing? Does the bolt clear the magnification ring and throw lever?
Rail and center section has plenty. Bolt to ocular is tight, like if the scope covers shut ans you cycle the bolt, it opens the cover tight. Throw lever is not an issue. I've swapped scopes as I really don't care for the larger center dot in the illuminated reticle. Put my xtr3 3.3-18x50 on. This is in Hawkins lows as well. I used the Warne tactical 20moa rail, as it's the lowest rail I know of.
IMG_20200508_121508.jpg
IMG_20200508_121511.jpg
IMG_20200508_121513.jpg

I finished mine up last night . Torqued the AMG onto the rail and took it for a spin today. I ran a seating depth test starting a with a 156 Berger seated to where the boat tail meets the neck shoulder junction (3.182" OAL). After 11 shots working away from the lands it was evident that the rifle really likes the 156 loaded at 3.107" OAL printing a .4 MOA group with all shots touching. I have nothing to complain about with how this rifle came together.

Despite my vow to stay away from RH rifles the special they ran caused me to jump up run to the computer and find out... they Gon'!

Glad to see they are shooting well for you fellas-- I think it is an awesome cartridge in that platform and cant wait to see more results.

I finished mine up last night . Torqued the AMG onto the rail and took it for a spin today. I ran a seating depth test starting a with a 156 Berger seated to where the boat tail meets the neck shoulder junction (3.182" OAL). After 11 shots working away from the lands it was evident that the rifle really likes the 156 loaded at 3.107" OAL printing a .4 MOA group with all shots touching. I have nothing to complain about with how this rifle came together.
Do you have an estimate of where they are from lands @brentc?

Curios what lot# your 156 eol are? I'll see if I can try your seating depth.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.