christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

I have a Ridgeline 7RM that shoots one-hole groups with factory ammo (Precision Hunter), so they aren't all bad. My first suggestion would be, try factory ammo. Also, you might remove that brake and see if there is any change. I have read numerous horror stories and bashing of these guns all the time. Most complaints seem to be from 300 WM. Not sure if it's a chamber issue or what. Best of luck .

Sorry your having that issue, that really sux with a new rifle. Personally I have always had very good luck with CA rifles. After properly seasoning the barrel all have shot well within MOA. I have contacted CA tech a couple of times with questions and issues and they have always been very helpful. I would at least give them an opportunity to correct the issue.

Mine and my friends ridgelines both did the same thing part way throuth load development. Ours were both the same issue and it was the action screws that had loosened. Im sure you have already checked that but figured id bring it up. It can happen with any rifle. I use a muzzle brake and will get a carbon ring build up on the crown of the barrel. Ive noticed this is the other thing that can cause my groups to open up. Best of luck

Then in a couple months there'll be a guy on here talking about the Ridgeline he just bought from a guy that won't shoot for crap.
I wont dump a bad shooter, I will fix it. Or let it collect dust. On that note I just tried a different load this eve, Got .7 moa at 100. Will try again and see if I can repeat it.

What specific factory ammo does CA "test/guarantee" 1/2 MOA with? May see if you can obtain/test with that.

I have heard it said they will not warranty with handloaded ammo.

Just what Shane has said .
I have a very good friend that purchased a new Christensen Arms Mesa in .300 PRC , 4 years ago , that had problems with the chamber being enlarged on one side , causing the fired cartridge cases to bulge , just above the base , causing difficult extraction with very distinct scrape marks on one side of fired cases , new ammo or reloads , same result .
Friend called Christensen customer service , explaining problem with new or reloads , and customer service told him that the warranty was voided by using reloaded ammo .

The rifle was very accurate , but very difficult to extract fired cartridge case .

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this
Maybe it's you ? Nothing personal ! Maybe a cant !? Trigger practice ? Make sure your gun is sliding smooth in your rests add some graphite to sliding surfaces on rest. Totally omit he bipod… 5 degree cant at only a 100 will effect group u probly no that. You like your trigger ?

Not a ridgeline, but a mesa, and certainly not yours. However, I have a buddy that comes over to reload. He's having good luck with 205gr Bergers and ~70-75gr of Magpro. Not really sure about the amount of powder, also CCI LM primers.

Last edited:
I bought it because they have a accuracy guarantee of sub MOA. So they should touch it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they duck it saying they shot it and it meets standards. We will see.
Numerous folks told me Ca had QC issues but had resolved the problems. Not to be worried they shot well and Ca would take care of any issues.
I bought rifle that was I thought a decent lighter weight hunting rifle that would shoot under a inch at 100 yards. If Ca does not fix it, then I will pull it apart and start bedding, maybe barrel it or...

They should be able to tell you what load or what factory ammo they use to guarantee the sub MOA.

I just bought a Ridgeline in 300wm (I knew better but it was a good price) and followed their break in. I couldn't get it to shoot less than 2moa with a wide variety of factory ammo and careful load development with 208 ELDm's. I sent it back and they bedded it. They sent a picture of two groups with match ammo that were both .9 moa. They shot a third group that was "over an moa" but didn't give me the photo. They said the muzzle break was slightly lose on that group and that was causing inaccuracies. I have never heard of a muzzle break being lose causing inaccuracies. The rifle is shipping back to me as I write this but I doubt it will be much better. Why the H%^&* didn't I buy another Seekins?

Maybe it's you ? Nothing personal ! Maybe a cant !? Trigger practice ? Make sure your gun is sliding smooth in your rests add some graphite to sliding surfaces on rest. Totally omit he bipod… 5 degree cant at only a 100 will effect group u probly no that. You like your trigger ?
A cant or trigger control doesn't make a rifle over pressure.

I wont dump a bad shooter, I will fix it. Or let it collect dust. On that note I just tried a different load this eve, Got .7 moa at 100. Will try again and see if I can repeat it.

Well, maybe there's light at the end of this tunnel.

Keep us posted.

I would love to try a CA, but I am very leery of them.

I currently own a Christensen Arms 300 Remington Ultra Mag, as well as e few friends of mine in various calibers. We have all had issues with groupings, bad head-spacing or not being able to close the bolt with factory ammo. Pure and simple their quality control is not up to par and we would not recommend that anyone purchase a CA rifle in any caliber. Until they have met a standard of higher quality and accuracy, everyone and every retail store should stay away from this manufacturer.

Someone may have said it already. I didn't read the thread. Some of the Christiansens have a tight throat. If you have a smith open up the throat it will likely fix the rifle. Well worth the $75-$100 to give it a try. If that doesn't fix it then I would venture to guess it is in the barrel.
I have a 7 mm rem Mag that came with a tight throat just before the lands. It built up copper fouling and would not except a loaded cartridge as the bullet was larger than the inside of the copper fouled throat. Christian would not warranty it because I had used handloads in it. I honed out the throat and everything works fine. Too bad for a $2000 rifle.

I have a 7 mm rem Mag that came with a tight throat just before the lands. It built up copper fouling and would not except a loaded cartridge as the bullet was larger than the inside of the copper fouled throat. Christian would not warranty it because I had used handloads in it. I honed out the throat and everything works fine. Too bad for a $2000 rifle.
My son has a 300 WinMag that he had to send back three times before they got it fixed, but they made it into a good shooter. Initially it had a groove around the inside of the chamber so when he fired a round he could not eject it because the case swelled up into the groove. They put a new barrel on it. then they had to hone the chamber to smooth the roughness in the new barrel, then it wouldn't feed right, but after three times everything works great. Not good for a $2000 rifle.