christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

I do not want to be pulling apart and modifying a new 2k rifle. I may have to but I think Ca should have a chance first.
I should of bought a Savage or gone custom
I bought a Savage 110 Storm in 308 Winchester back in 2017…shot 1/2inch groups at 100 yards with 150 grain Remington Core Lokt, similar groupings with Hornady Superformance 150 grain ammo. The "stainless" barrel started to get rust freckling after being taken out twice to hunt in dry conditions. Had bolt binding and failure to feed issues from the factory magazine. Added a fatter bolt sleeve that was fluted, custom PTG AICS magwell with single stack mags to see if it would fix the problem and had the whole thing cerakoted. Had a nice Tract Toric 3-15x on it in warne maxima rings. Still had failure to feed issues (I wasn't short stroking this gun either). I sold it and bought a Savage 99 made in 1961 with an internal rotary magazine and haven't had any problems with feeding, groups under an inch wearing an old Weaver V7 (I kept the tract scope, felt weird putting that scope on a 99). I won't buy a new Savage anything.

My wife however is smarter than me….she bought a Browning X-Bolt. Her X bolt is stock, no mods, has the furs touch polymer stock. For a factory rifle right now I don't think you can beat the X Bolt or a new Model 70. The action on her X Bolt is buttery smooth and she gets 1/2 to 3/4 groups with every factory ammo we have tried in 6.5 creedmoor regardless of bullet size at 100 yards. Never had a feeding issue, the magazines are fantastic. You won't regret an X bolt, but I can tell you anecdotally I regret the savage and the money I dumped into it, I ended up losing a chunk of change.

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this
I have Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 PRC that is dead nuts on with factory ammo. Hornady's, not that I like the bullet offering but is sub MOA. So I am not sure without knowing what you are shooting. Possibility it is the ammo you are shooting. I am sure Christensen will work with you.

What is your OAL length?I still say SAAMI specs for the 300 Win Mag is way off.The OAL length of 3.340 is way too short.The 300 Win Mags I have are around 3.550 to the lands.To give you and example as to why I think this is an error,take a look at the case length of the 300 Win Mag and the 308 Norma Mag.The Winchester case is 2.620 and the Norma case is 2.559.OAL for the Winchester is 3.340 and the OAL for the Norma is 3.347.I ran into an issue with a Sako A7 300 Win Mag.It is built on their M action and the rifle magazine is too short for this cartridge to feed and shoot accurately because I would have to load the cartridge under 3.300 for it to feed in the magazine.In doing so,the short neck Winchester case is already getting on the bullet ogive and with so little neck tension on the bullet,I could push the bullet in by hand.The rifle shot like crap with deeply seated bullets,around 1.5-2.0".I had some ammo loaded for another 300 Win Mag with a long mag box.The OAL is 3.490.I tried it in the Sako and shot this group.The Sako was 3.550 to the lands,so that was a .060 bullet jump.So now I will just have to shoot it as a single shot.You only need one well placed shot with a 300 Win Mag anyway.

Attachments

• 20210721_153701.jpg
    20210721_153701.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 57
I have not read all the comments, and someone might've already said this. I currently own for Christiansen arms. To bolt guns, 6.5cm and 308, and both shoot sub half inch. I have 2 AR10's - 6.5cm and 308, again, both half-inch guns. I had a 300 win mag TI Summit, and a 300 short mag ridgeline, both were 1.5-3" guns. I sent the TI back to Christensen and they said it was the scope and never got even shot it. I mowed both .300's down the road. I really don't think they have the ability to predictably build a 300 mag gun.

I'll bet a Cooper could be had for a similar price as the CR. I also am a firm believer in the Sako line.

I try to stay off the threads like this but I have read so much bad press with CA, it is sad. I am dismayed that so many commenters blame the shooter who has multiple rifles they can shoot 1/2 MOA or better.
My suggestion:
Send it back and don't mention handloads.
Do not try to repair a new rifle until they tell you it meets standards, if they do.
CA rifles are readily available here in central Oregon and folks are shying away from them due to many issues already published.
Good luck with this. I have felt your pain in another well known sub-moa guaranteed brand. Unfortunately, I have spent a lot of money and time working to correct it to
"Standards". thankfully, I have lots of rifles that do perform.

I bought it because they have a accuracy guarantee of sub MOA. So they should touch it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they duck it saying they shot it and it meets standards. We will see.
Numerous folks told me Ca had QC issues but had resolved the problems. Not to be worried they shot well and Ca would take care of any issues.
I bought rifle that was I thought a decent lighter weight hunting rifle that would shoot under a inch at 100 yards. If Ca does not fix it, then I will pull it apart and start bedding, maybe barrel it or...
I would bet they won't do anything with it until you send them a target using "quality factory ammo" showing poor accuracy. Most of the "guarantees" are based off of the "quality factory ammo" statement. Understandable since that is somewhat of a known product where handloads are not.

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this
There is an old approach to a new rifle. But 5 or 6 different boxes of factory ammo as a start. The mistake is anyone preselecting a bullet/ammo type and deciding "that's what I'm going to shoot. Rifles have a sweet spot for certain combos and hate others. Every time I have bought a new rifle I do this and it has never failed to deliver BUT I have been surprised which one does best.

I bought it because they have a accuracy guarantee of sub MOA. So they should touch it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they duck it saying they shot it and it meets standards. We will see.
Numerous folks told me Ca had QC issues but had resolved the problems. Not to be worried they shot well and Ca would take care of any issues.
I bought rifle that was I thought a decent lighter weight hunting rifle that would shoot under a inch at 100 yards. If Ca does not fix it, then I will pull it apart and start bedding, maybe barrel it or...
What most people don't understand is that sub moa, guarantee is with one specific projectile. I see people all the time that have these factory rifles with a guarantee moa, and they are not inherently accurate rifles, meaning able to shoot a wide variety bullets accurately, which a custom rifle will do. Really sorry, I hate to see this for people.

I have seen this with a couple friends Christensen rifles. Both Ridgeline and Mesa. I have also seen a few that shoot well. So it's frustrating and tempting to keep trying. You should do what they ended up doing after hundreds and hundreds of dollars and hundreds of rounds and many hours of time—Keep the scope and sell the rifle.

Look at a Seekins precision - great factory rifle, consistently shoots better than Christensen for significantly cheaper. Or get a Tikka and then you can upgrade with a proof prefit and a CF stock for roughly the same price as a christensen. You get the same lightweight CF look and I have yet to see a Tikka upgraded this way that hasn't shot lights out.

Christiansen arms are notorious for the pic rails coming loose double check that. sometimes you need to build up one side with a JB weld start there check to see if it is seated perfectly. Relap your rings and set your stope try again.
I've had this exact issue where the top of the action wasn't flat.
I could actually see about a 1/16th inch gap between the base and receiver.
That was literally the day I decided to only use custom actions or Tikkas for every one of my bolt guns.

Phone them and ask. Tell them exactly what you told us. See how they handle it.

Any modern rifle should group under an inch at 100 yds.

Good luck