christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

So what are you trying to get it to shoot? What powder? What bullet? Have you tried different seating depths? What brass? What primer? Check in with @Broz here or over on Long range only. He seems to quite often get them to shoot well. Good luck.
Bruce
Yeah let's hear from Broz...
He literally goes around claiming that CA makes the most consistent CF barrels.
I've seen a 300 PRC Ridgeline throw 2 moa flyers with no consistency, the guy ended up selling at a discount after months of tinkering

You could try asking this on the Christensen Arms Owners Facebook page - you would then only get responses from CA owners whom might have experienced the same issues. Broz is also very active on that page responding to issues.

Yeah let's hear from Broz...
He literally goes around claiming that CA makes the most consistent CF barrels.
I've seen a 300 PRC Ridgeline throw 2 moa flyers with no consistency, the guy ended up selling at a discount after months of tinkering
I am not trying to bash Ca. I was just hoping to hear from some one with experience dealing with Ca and warranty issues especially accuracy.

My CA barrel was tight. I pressured up with start charge weights. Didn't have any accuracy issues. Just wouldn't shoot fast.

I hope the op gets it figured out. Call them and send it back for a re-barrel and when you get it back verify it's a new barrel and not someone's take off already.
It sucks. I am probably one of the most anti CA guys around.
The company is poor at best.

Last edited:
I am not trying to bash Ca. I was just hoping to hear from some one with experience dealing with Ca and warranty issues especially accuracy.
Word to the wise, call or email them and see what happens. You post up something like this on here or any other forum for that matter and you will get lotsa help, lotsa bashing, lotsa good advice and lotsa bad advice, and still not fix your issue. If they make it right or not let us know.

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this
Someone may have said it already. I didn't read the thread. Some of the Christiansens have a tight throat. If you have a smith open up the throat it will likely fix the rifle. Well worth the $75-$100 to give it a try. If that doesn't fix it then I would venture to guess it is in the barrel.

It's not about bashing CA it's about calling a spade a spade, do some research on their CS with accuracy issues and you'll have your ans

Word to the wise, call or email them and see what happens. You post up something like this on here or any other forum for that matter and you will get lotsa help, lotsa bashing, lotsa good advice and lotsa bad advice, and still not fix your issue. If they make it right or not let us know.
I sent a request in by email today. Have not heard back yet. I was hoping to get feed back from some one that's already been through a repair process with them and hopefully have the issue resolved.
I am more worried I will get a response of, it meets the standard for us have a nice day.

Stock issue more than likely. I worked on for a buddy with a new cheap stock he bought because it barely shot 1 moa… magpul maybe? Bedded it up and it shoots 1/2 moa out to 300.

Night force NXS 3.5-15 I trust it. Night force base, Bedded, Night force rings,
I am handloading, But all my other rifles with handloads shoot well enough to suit me.
I can shoot my 7 pound 30-06 with 160-180 grain bullets under half inch. Hand loads and they are hot.
I can shoot my 6 pound 308win under half inch
My rem 5r 300wm will cut one ragged hole and I can hold better that MOA out to 750 yards.
I am going to shoot some factory loaded stuff when I get a chance, before I send it back. But I would be very surprised if they out shoot my handloads. But I will try them. I am also going to get a friend to shoot it with factory loads.
I am concerned if Ca will give me a song and dance or not. I spent a good chunk of money {for me} to get a good hunting rifle. More than a little disappointed
Where have I heard this before?

Check the torque on your stock bolts. When I got mine they were barely tight. I'm sure it would not have shot well like that.

I agge with you after helping my buddy get ready for his upcoming elk hunt. I feel sorry for him. He spent a bunch on his Ridgeline, also bought 40 boxes of precision hunter so he didn't have to reload. If he shoot anything somewhat fast he can't get his bolt open without beating on it. Horrible pressure signs. He had shot 50 rounds before he asked for help. I could only find 10 empties that didn't have ejector marks on them to work up hand loads. Groups 2"at 100yds. 300 prc. Scratching my head on that one
Sounds to me like it wasn't broken in properly. Christianson is known for extremely tight tolerances. If the gun is not broken in properly, most have trouble with them. Had a buddy that did it and we ended up scuffing the brass so it would eject easier till we got some proper rounds down range.