christensen arms ridgeline, I need help.

62flint

I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
Not trying to bash any manufacturer. I was just curious how they handle things like this

Last edited:
I have a ridgeline in 300wm, I can not for the life of me get it to group consistently better than 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards. I have shot it off a bench with bipods, sandbags, and a rest, . Prone off of bipods.
I am about ready to throw in the towel and send it back, My fear is they will just bounce it back and say no its normal.
I shoot other rifles and they all can hold better than one inch at 100 yards. So I am pretty confident I should be able to shoot this rifle under an inch off the bench at 100yards.
Any one have any experience with Christensen arms warranty?
What ammo have you tried?

Handloading?

Trusted optic?

Rings/mounts tight?

Are you able to shoot other magnums with sub-MOA performance?

So much is unknown that you need to make known before anyone can help. Despite that, if I had $5 for every time I saw a "my christensen won't shoot" thread... I'd be a happy man. ;)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I agge with you after helping my buddy get ready for his upcoming elk hunt. I feel sorry for him. He spent a bunch on his Ridgeline, also bought 40 boxes of precision hunter so he didn't have to reload. If he shoot anything somewhat fast he can't get his bolt open without beating on it. Horrible pressure signs. He had shot 50 rounds before he asked for help. I could only find 10 empties that didn't have ejector marks on them to work up hand loads. Groups 2"at 100yds. 300 prc. Scratching my head on that one

What ammo have you tried?

Handloading?

Trusted optic?

Rings/mounts tight?

Are you able to shoot other magnums with sub-MOA performance?

So much is unknown that you need to make known before anyone can help. Despite that, if I had $5 for every time I saw a "my christensen won't shoot" thread... I'd be a happy man. ;)

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

Night force NXS 3.5-15 I trust it. Night force base, Bedded, Night force rings,
I am handloading, But all my other rifles with handloads shoot well enough to suit me.
I can shoot my 7 pound 30-06 with 160-180 grain bullets under half inch. Hand loads and they are hot.
I can shoot my 6 pound 308win under half inch
My rem 5r 300wm will cut one ragged hole and I can hold better that MOA out to 750 yards.
I am going to shoot some factory loaded stuff when I get a chance, before I send it back. But I would be very surprised if they out shoot my handloads. But I will try them. I am also going to get a friend to shoot it with factory loads.
I am concerned if Ca will give me a song and dance or not. I spent a good chunk of money {for me} to get a good hunting rifle. More than a little disappointed

Attachments

• ca ridgeline.jpg
    ca ridgeline.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 168
I was not able to get a load developed easily at all with my Mesa in .300WM. I needed the rifle so ended up ordering some Barnes 180gr factory ammo and it seems to shoot these much better. A buddy of mine also has a Christensen in .300WM that will shoot decent at 100, but opens right up at 200 yards.

I was having issues with my Bergara until I bedded the stock - so maybe consider bedding it. I think the Christensen's might prefer lighter 180gr bullets in a .300WM. The best groups I see from these guns online tend to be with the lighter bullets.

Better read this from last month
T.P.

is your barrel making contact with stock? My BA tactical had a point of contact that was hurting accuracy, relieved it and now the thing shoots amazing, known some others that had similar issues in ridgelines, easy fix
I do not want to be pulling apart and modifying a new 2k rifle. I may have to but I think Ca should have a chance first.
I should of bought a Savage or gone custom

I had trouble with a CA Mesa 300PRC. I noticed one day shooting a couple rifles that when I cleaned my other 30 cals that my patch was fairly hard to shove down the barrel but the Mesa it went through really easy. Shot terrible! So I sent it back. I bought this rifle on monday and wanted my money back on wednesday cause I was leaving for a hunt the following wednesday. They say they don't give money back only fix. So 12 weeks later I got it back with new barrel. Shoots good but it missed the trip I bought it for.

IMO they are just mass producing them right now and putting out some inferior products. They will fix em but guys like me that buy one last minute may have big regrets.

I do not want to be pulling apart and modifying a new 2k rifle. I may have to but I think Ca should have a chance first.
I should of bought a Savage or gone custom
shouldn't have to pull apart the rifle to see if the barrel is making contact with the stock - just take a piece of paper or a dollar bill and slide it along the barrel and see if it will slide back to the recoil lug.

Even if you had to take it apart, they are insanely easy - just removing 2 screws and the stock will come right off.

I do not want to be pulling apart and modifying a new 2k rifle.

There's a reason I only shoot custom rifles. A long time ago, I had experiences similar to yours and others. Shortly thereafter, my lesson on how a capitalist society functions was complete. I learned that there is a spectrum of price for each type of item we buy. Those at the higher end of the spectrum universally out perform those at the lower end of the spectrum, with extremely rare exceptions. This is true of everything except aesthetics. You can spend a ridiculous sum of money on how something looks, that doesn't fit/function/perform any different than a cheaper item. Consider fancy stocked blued rifles that are heavily engraved. There is a vain ego driven portion of the economy, to be sure. Though it is a very true reality that factory rifles will not provide the value a discerning shooter is looking for very often.

Then, understand that even the most uncelebrated least-known custom rifle smiths can frequently turn out $2500-$3500 rifles which will outshoot a $2500 factory rifle every time. There is no substitute for paying someone to take responsibility for the result. Factory rifle manufacturers, even those which try to claim a "custom" level of performance... simply can not put as much care into each unit. Their businesses are not setup to function that way, and they would likely fail if they tried... as they would never be able to hire enough people that cared to the degree necessary to ensure the result was desirable every time.

I apologize for cluttering up your thread requesting help with this diatribe. However, how many threads like this must there be before people start realizing the fiscal reality of what a quality rifle must cost today? How many more threads like this SPECIFICALLY about christensen, before people stop buying them?

Click here and consider this google search.

Virtually every popular rifle forum can be seen with threads of folks having a poor experience. In just the last month, on this forum alone, I recall at minimum 3 separate threads where people are mentioning poor performance, function issues, pressure issues, or all of the above. Yet people are still buying them instead of supporting a custom rifle smith that actually cares.

Now consider this article from Wideners.

I understand you're probably not accustomed to spending $2k on a rifle. However, I feel obligated to point out that the percentage of disappointed customers in the $2k price range, is significantly higher than it is in the $5k-6k price range. It's not 1970 anymore.

People's perceptions have a tendency to stray from reality. Most people simply have too much going on in their lives to devote enough time, effort, and money to this discipline to properly form perceptions which line up nicely with the truth. There is indeed a truth to all of it, despite how many argue so viciously based entirely on uninspired opinion.

Anyway, as payment for taking up space in your thread... if you'd like to confirm whether you've done due diligence to ensure the rifle is at fault and you or your methods are not, feel free to give me a call and I'll run through a few things with you and see if I can help in any way.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I doubt Christensen would touch it shooting and inch and a half. It is after all just a factory rifle with a sexy CF barrel and stock.

It is unfortunate, you would think they would try and correct these issues as they are relatively common, at least on this site.

I doubt Christensen would touch it shooting and inch and a half. It is after all just a factory rifle with a sexy CF barrel and stock.

It is unfortunate, you would think they would try and correct these issues as they are relatively common, at least on this
I bought it because they have a accuracy guarantee of sub MOA. So they should touch it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they duck it saying they shot it and it meets standards. We will see.
Numerous folks told me Ca had QC issues but had resolved the problems. Not to be worried they shot well and Ca would take care of any issues.
I bought rifle that was I thought a decent lighter weight hunting rifle that would shoot under a inch at 100 yards. If Ca does not fix it, then I will pull it apart and start bedding, maybe barrel it or...