Christensen Arms Ridgeline FFT 7MM Mag

Youngpatriot

Thinking about purchasing my wife a CA Ridgeline FFT in a 7mm Mag.
She currently has a Browning Micro in a 270wsm, no brake.

Anyone have any experience with the Ridgeline in a 7mm mag as far as recoil and performance?

Thank you all in advance.

I have the FFT in 7mm PRC (which is probably similar to the 7mm RM) and being so light I was afraid it would wallop me but with the break it's not bad at all just don't forget to pop in your plugs on the hunt! I tend to forget so my long term plan is to get that little 5" suppressor from Thunderbeast (TBAC) and with the 22" barrel won't be crazy long. If I had a wife I'd get her a 6.5 PRC or 7mm-08, both available in the FFT in 20" barrels.

Not the 7mm mag.
But i have a Ridgeline 7mm prc, it comes with a muzzle brake, and very manageable recoil.
I just liked how it felt in my hands, and when I pull it up against my shoulder and put my cheek on the stock, it felt more natural than most other rifles.
The bolt action is also super smooth.

Not the 7mm mag.
But i have a Ridgeline 7mm prc, it comes with a muzzle brake, and very manageable recoil.
I just liked how it felt in my hands, and when I pull it up against my shoulder and put my cheek on the stock, it felt more natural than most other rifles.
The bolt action is also super smooth.
Same experience. One of the guys at CA told me not to get the FFT Titanium as he said it was a rougher action than the regular steel model, which being softer metal is understandable.

Same experience. One of the guys at CA told me not to get the FFT Titanium as he said it was a rougher action than the regular steel model, which being softer metal is understandable.

I've held every rifle I could get my hands on.
Even on vacation I'll stop at gun stores and handle different rifles.
Nothing else felt as good to me, which was the reason for choosing it.
Some research is why I chose 7mm prc, it perfectly fits my want list.
When people are still buying say a 7mm magnum, I wonder why to be honest. But we all have a choice to make, and they must have their reasons for not getting the prc. I'll be honest, the 2nd shot for me will be somewhat slow if I am alone and an animal runs after shot 1.
But that just is a bolt action thing to me.
A lever is so much quicker, at least for me.
But in comparison to most other bolt action rifles, the Ridgeline is pretty quick and easy.