Christensen Arms Ridgeline 450 Bushmaster......

coyote wacker

Picked up at a good price a new Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 450 Bushmaster to hunt the Southern Zone in Michigan. Well every place I looked the threads varied from 1/2"-28 to 5/8"- 24 for the pitch on the threads for the brake. I knew 1/2"-28 was wrong and if it was 5/8"-24 I could live with it. Well the gun arrived and looking at it was not the size I expected but 3/4", so I ordered a brake from SilencerCo 3/4"-24 a standard size. Several days later it arrived open the package and went to screw it on the rifle and it didn't fit. So I got out my thread gauge and checked it. It was not 3/4"-24 but the barrel was threaded 3/4"-28 so the brake will not fit a SilencerCo muzzle brake they don't even make a brake or even make a threaded end cap 3/4"-28 for the suppresser.

Back when I first got my suppresser while I was waiting for it I had a gentleman make me several end caps in the threads I needed. His back log was 12-14 months but it was OK because I was waiting for the suppresser to get out of Jail and it worked out great getting them same week the suppresser got out of Jail.

I'am wondering if anybody else has a similar problem ?

Going to give Christensen Arms a call tomorrow, hopefully talk to a person with some knowledge about the problem

Last edited:
OK....Made a call to Christensen Arms I'am not very happy.....there answer is "the engineers decided it was a good thread to put on it".....There second answer is " call SilencerCo and have them make the proper adapter"..... Have a nice day....

I'am a retired mechanical engineer....why in the World would you make a thread on a rifle barrel that no one makes anything that is the same size.....

Guess I need to chalk it up as one of the biggest mistakes I've made in a l o n g time was buying a Christensen Arms rifle.....

Most the world has lost its common sense. Even giant companies are making decisions to go a certain political directions and bankrupting themselves in the process. Its a very strange time we live in!

OK....Made a call to Christensen Arms I'am not very happy.....there answer is "the engineers decided it was a good thread to put on it".....There second answer is " call SilencerCo and have them make the proper adapter"..... Have a nice day....

I'am a retired mechanical engineer....why in the World would you make a thread on a rifle barrel that no one makes anything that is the same size.....

Guess I need to chalk it up as one of the biggest mistakes I've made in a l o n g time was buying a Christensen Arms rifle.....
Wow, how dumb is that...glad I went with the Bergara for my 450 BM. Got my SiCo ASR Brake installed with no issues. Was seriously considering Christensen, but that's just stupid.

Just don't understand why they would use a size that is not available or used by anybody at all in the industry .....

If I wasn't retired it still would have been stupid..... but I could have fabricated a muzzle brake or fabricated a 3/4"-28 Hybrid suppresser end.....I've fabricated from 1/2" to 11/16" for myself several years ago for my suppressors out of titanium.....

Really hope that people read this and "DO NOT" buy any Christensen Arms products....

If I had a employee working for me that made a "STUPID" idea that went in production they would be fired and I would make sure they didn't work in the industry.....

Just don't understand why they would use a size that is not available or used by anybody at all in the industry .....

If I wasn't retired it still would have been stupid..... but I could have fabricated a muzzle brake or fabricated a 3/4"-28 Hybrid suppresser end.....I've fabricated from 1/2" to 11/16" for myself several years ago for my suppressors out of titanium.....

Really hope that people read this and "DO NOT" buy any Christensen Arms products....

If I had a employee working for me that made a "STUPID" idea that went in production they would be fired and I would make sure they didn't work in the industry.....
Is there enough material to re-thread since it's 3/4? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm not a machinist.

If I went to 5/8"-24 it could be done but that is just to small for a hunting rifle and .452" bore...11/32"-24 there would be fine but there would be fine lines when turned and messed up threads if threaded.....I'am not really fond of 11/32"-24 for 452" but wouldn't have complained if that was standard on the rifle.....
The biggest part of the problem Christensen Arms didn't even care or even want to help solve or give a answer to correct the the problem.....they just wanted me off the phone....it was a waste of 45 minutes waiting to talk to someone that didn't even want to talk to me.....
The only reasons I bought a Christensen Arms rifle was it has a carbon fiber barrel and I had a stroke I'am lucky I can still hunt hopefully in the future....normally I would take a Winchester 70 CRF send it to a gunsmith and wait a year or more to get it back....but with the chance of having a second stroke I didn't want to wait....

It's just turn into a $2000 mess that I wish I never bought.....

Wow, how dumb is that...glad I went with the Bergara for my 450 BM. Got my SiCo ASR Brake installed with no issues. Was seriously considering Christensen, but that's just stupid.
I have a Bergara B14 Ridge in 450 Bushmaster. I am having great difficulty in finding a muzzle brake for my rifle. the website says that the thread is 5/8x24. I wonder if this is a typo? many brakes come in a 11/16 thread. What thread does your Bergara have?

Well I found a company that makes a 3/4"-28 thread SilencerCo suppressor direct thread mount....ordered it on line took 6 days to receive it....very nice machining and finish threads perfect on my Hybrid and rifle....included with the part was a Thank You note and a package of gummy candy.....all for $66 including shipping a very good price compared to SilencerCo's price of $84 plus shipping and sales tax.....

Well I found a company that makes a 3/4"-28 thread SilencerCo suppressor direct thread mount....ordered it on line took 6 days to receive it....very nice machining and finish threads perfect on my Hybrid and rifle....included with the part was a Thank You note and a package of gummy candy.....all for $66 including shipping a very good price compared to SilencerCo's price of $84 plus shipping and sales tax.....

Thanks! Can you send me the link? I have no clue which one to get