Christensen Arms pressure issues

Perhaps I should reconsider my mv goals then. I will try he RL26 and see where that takes me. If I'm not able to get what I want with it, I was able to get an incredible node with the 4831sc at around 3080fps and shoot close to 1/2 moa.
I am running my 6.5 PRC with 59.4 gr of H1000, Barnes LRX 127 gr , Federal match lg rifle primers and ADG brass. Velocity is 3150 with SD of 8, a really good node and a great group. I haven't hit pressure yet. I don't worry too much about squeezing every foot of velocity I can get. I let the gun and my load tell me what it likes

Those powders are way to slow for the absolute hammer. I get 3300 out of the 127 LRX and the 124 HH out of my Mesa 6.5 PRC, using ADG brass, RL26, and 210M's.

What I've noticed with the PRC is guys getting early pressures are using 215's, but when drop down to 210M's it allows for more velocity.

CALL CA! What you think is pressure signs may not be, CA uses stiffer springs in ejectors that will leave marks even when there is no pressure. There head spacing is very tight which can lead to small marks on bottom of case and tight bolts. My ridgeline 300wsm was doing this a quick call and sending them a few pictures they said this is normal and that some of it will decrease with rounds fired.

+1 I was typing this in my response as well, but noticed you already said it. You can check the direction of the "swipe" and it will tell you if it was created during the closing of the bolt or the opening of the bolt.

CALL CA! What you think is pressure signs may not be, CA uses stiffer springs in ejectors that will leave marks even when there is no pressure. There head spacing is very tight which can lead to small marks on bottom of case. My ridgeline 300wsm was doing this a quick call and sending them a few pictures they said this is normal and that some of it will decrease with rounds fired.
I agree with coop2564. I have a ridgeline in a .280 Ackley. Very tight head spacing and other marks. I have nearly 100 rounds thru, so I'm hoping things will improve. Quite truthfully, I was expecting more in the early stages of load development but there is enough promise to keep at it. As everyone well knows, each rifle has its favorites and sometimes it takes more time than others. Good luck and keep us posted.

9 pages of 6.5 PRC Discussion 👍
Thanks, a great read. I'm still working on it though

With mine, I found resizing everything to Sammi specs was the only way to go, and tweaking accuracy with velocity nodes was only real way to improve the accuracy. Mine does shoot very well so its not a bad thing. You will not be able to milk extra high velocity from it, you may find that for best accuracy you are 50 fps under a standard factory round just depends on your gun.

I only have about 110 rounds down the pipe of my Mesa. Perhaps I'm a bit early with my concerns. Between the stiffer ejector springs, tighter chamber (as per above post), tighter head space, and incorrect powders, it will even out after another 100 rounds. It does shoot really well though.

I had a Christensen Mesa 300 wm that would blow primers below book maximum loads. With minimum charges it was shooting 200fps faster than estimated book velocities. It also shot 3-5 MOA with most bullet and powder combos I've tried.

I had a Christensen Mesa 300 wm that would blow primers below book maximum loads. With minimum charges it was shooting 200fps faster than estimated book velocities. It also shot 3-5 MOA with most bullet and powder combos I've tried.
Had , as in a past tense ?
It was shooting 3 moa - 5 moa ?
If so , I understand why you no longer have that rifle .

I have a friend that has 3 Christensen Arms Mesa rifles , 1 Mesa Long Range .300PRC , 1 Mesa Hunter .300PRC , and 1 Mesa Hunter 6.5PRC .
All 3 shoot extremely accurately . Maybe he was just lucky , or maybe you just happened to get a lemon .
I hate to hear about anyone having those experiences .

DMP25-06

CALL CA! What you think is pressure signs may not be, CA uses stiffer springs in ejectors that will leave marks even when there is no pressure. There head spacing is very tight which can lead to small marks on bottom of case and tight bolts. My ridgeline 300wsm was doing this a quick call and sending them a few pictures they said this is normal and that some of it will decrease with rounds fired. They are not a reloaders dream, made for best accuracy with factory rounds and they have short throats for factory rounds.
That describes my 300 WSM Ridgeline as well. Started barrel breakin with factory ammo and first several shots were showing high pressure. Called CA and was told to use premium factory ammo. Switched to midlevel handloads and pressure disappeared. Ultimately lengthened the throat to reduce the pressure spike. I'm now getting higher velocities without pressure signs.

Had , as in a past tense ?
It was shooting 3 moa - 5 moa ?
If so , I understand why you no longer have that rifle .

I have a friend that has 3 Christensen Arms Mesa rifles , 1 Mesa Long Range .300PRC , 1 Mesa Hunter .300PRC , and 1 Mesa Hunter 6.5PRC .
All 3 shoot extremely accurately . Maybe he was just lucky , or maybe you just happened to get a lemon .
I hate to hear about anyone having those experiences .

DMP25-06
Yes, had. I talked with CA about it and they told me I was on the hook for a rebarrel if I wanted it because handloads void the accuracy guarantee.