Christensen Arms Mesa

John Sanner

Does anyone own one of these rifles in 6.5 PRC? How well does it shoot with reloads? I'm contemplating on what to do. I'm wanting a rifle to deer hunt with. My maximum range is about 500 yards. I bought a new Defiance tenacity xm action and was gonna build a custom rifle but thought about maybe just selling it and buying one of these production rifles and not sinking 3 grand in a custom rifle.

I have the CA Mesa in 6.5 CM, so not exactly the same. I never shot any factory loads through it, been using handloads from the first round.

I followed the 50-round break-in period from CA. During the break-in, I was shooting 3-5 round groups, not really measuring but noticing the groups tightening through the break-in period. I ended up with two hunting loads from two different powders, both moderate velocity but both sub .400 moa.

This is a deer rifle for grandkids, so the ranges likely will be less that 500 yards. I think the rifle is very accurate and I'm pleased with it.

Last edited:
I have the Mesa in 6.5 PRC. It shoot very well with factory and re-loads. I have loaded 130 Berger VLDs, 130 TGKs, 140 Accubonds, and 130 accubonds and they have all been pretty easy to get sub minute with. I really like the 6.5 PRC as well. Incredible what it will do with RL22 or RL26 and 130-140 grain hunting bullets.

I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. I really like the cartridge and factory Hornady ammo shoots well out of it. Reloads are accurate as well. MY only complaint about the rifle was the stock. It flexed too much for my liking so I put a McMillan on it.

I have a Mesa 6.5 PRC. It has always shot well from the factory. I shoots one hole groups at 100 with 127 Barnes LRX @3275 FPS. It is .61" group at 300 yards and has been used to take mule deer out to 427 yards. Very happy with it as a factory production rifle.

Last edited:
I have a Mesa 6.5 PRC. It has always shot well from the factory. I shoots one hole groups at 100 with 127 Barnes LRX @3275 FPS. It is .61" group at 300 yards and has been used to take mike deer out to 427 yards. Very happy with it as a factory production rifle.
What is your load? i have the same gun and planning to use the same bullets, just havent had time to start load development yet...

I have a Ridgeline in 6.5 PRC. I really like the cartridge and factory Hornady ammo shoots well out of it. Reloads are accurate as well. MY only complaint about the rifle was the stock. It flexed too much for my liking so I put a McMillan on it.
I changed the stock too, to an H-S Precision. It shot very well with the factory stock, but is much more forgiving in the HSP.

1625067519060.jpeg
Here's shots 3,4and 5 with mine straight out of box . First 2 were to get on paper.