Christensen Arms Mesa

John Sanner

Does anyone own one of these rifles in 6.5 PRC? How well does it shoot with reloads? I'm contemplating on what to do. I'm wanting a rifle to deer hunt with. My maximum range is about 500 yards. I bought a new Defiance tenacity xm action and was gonna build a custom rifle but thought about maybe just selling it and buying one of these production rifles and not sinking 3 grand in a custom rifle.

I don't own one, but I read mixed results on this forum from owners of this manufacturer. If you do not hear from anyone that owns this rifle, try a search function, with the name of the manufacturer and you should see some results. If it was me, since you have one of the most expenses of the rifle build, I would move forward with the custom, send the action to one of the barrel manufacturers, Hart, Brux etc and they can add the barrel and chamber.

I have one. It is a very accurate rifle with factory and hand loads. I changed the stock-out to an H-S Precision thumbhole, but the factory stock shot very well it is just a little slick. I have found excellent accuracy with 130 Berger VLDs, 130 Sierra TGK, and 140 Accubonds. The factory 143 and 147 also shot right around the .6s.

I would build on the action you have. We have had quite a few CA rifles in for load development. Some shot very well.

For production rifles in your price I would look at Cooper or Browning. These we have had stellar results.