Christensen Arms Mesa/Ridgeline- 6.5 Creedmoor

magedon44

I read that this year they are coming out with these two in lefties. I'm thinking of picking one up in 6.5 creedmoor. Has anyone owned one and hand loaded ammo for one of these rifles? Wondering if ill be able to seat bullets out far out to chase the lands or if ill run out of room in the box. Please let me know your thoughts.

I own a 6.5 Creedmoor in the Mesa and have owned a 7mm in the Ridgeline. No problems with magazine length not allowing me to get to the lands in the 7mm. I'm just starting load development with the Mesa...looks like it will be fine too.

Easily sub moa with factory ammo. Just starting load development so will see how it does starting tomorrow morning with that. This is my 3rd Mesa (2 in 6.5 Creedmoor and 1 in 7mm RM) and I've also owned a Ridgeline in 7mm RM. All have been .5ish to .75 moa shooters with factory ammo and .25ish moa shooters with handloads. And that's from a very average shooter :) I'm very fond of their rifles.

I have a ba tactical in 6.5cm, to fit and function in a pmag I am .022" off the lands. Off the top of my head I don't remember what the internal length of the pmag was, but 2.855" rings a bell.

I've been loading the Berger 135 classic Hunter bullets for the Mesa in 6.5 Creed at .010 off the lands using h4350 and it shoots consistently in the .2 to .3 out to 500 yards all day long. No problem with rounds fitting in mag. These rifles are worth double what you pay for them in my opinion. If you want my load data let me know.

I took one to my local ranger to play with for a friend.. with factory hornady precision hunter ammo, first 3 shots out of the rifle were under 1/2 moa, adjust 1 moa up, plugged in the numbers off the box and dialed for 550 yds. First round hit for shot #4 then let my 9 yr old son shoot the plate and bingo, round 5 was a hit
Its by far the best and nicest factory rifle ive ever shot.

I've been loading the Berger 135 classic Hunter bullets for the Mesa in 6.5 Creed at .010 off the lands using h4350 and it shoots consistently in the .2 to .3 out to 500 yards all day long. No problem with rounds fitting in mag. These rifles are worth double what you pay for them in my opinion. If you want my load data let me know.
I'm have a new 6.5 Creedmoor in the Ridgeline, I'm just getting started on building some loads for it. Would you mind detailing the loads you are having good success with?

I'm have a new 6.5 Creedmoor in the Ridgeline, I'm just getting started on building some loads for it. Would you mind detailing the loads you are having good success with?
140 eldm 41.5 grains of h4350 in a star line case ignited with a federal match primer. my oal is 2.850. If your gun won't shoot it it probably won't shoot anything. If you're a Alliant fan replace the h4350 with rl 16