I have a 300 win mag in the ridgeline. It took me awhile to find a factory round that it liked. After about 60 rounds the action screws came loose, I threw some locktite on them tighten them to spec and accuracy improved. Once I shoot the barrel out I will probably replace with a proof barrel.

Interesting, I had one action screw fall out on a hunt. Real bummer. Christensen sent via Fedex a new set. I added locktite and had an excuse to by a tork driver.
I'm shooting 1/2 moa with Ridgeline in 30 Nosler. I just added the side baffle titanium break. I have a VX5 3x-15xon top. Really like it for the cost.

Interesting, I had one action screw fall out on a hunt. Real bummer. Christensen sent via Fedex a new set. I added locktite and had an excuse to by a tork driver.
I'm shooting 1/2 moa with Ridgeline in 30 Nosler. I just added the side baffle titanium break. I have a VX5 3x-15xon top. Really like it for the cost.

So it sounds like if I go with CA, I should take out all the action screws one at a time and add some locktite. This seems to be a common issue which could be easily fixed by CA.

So it sounds like if I go with CA, I should take out all the action screws one at a time and add some locktite. This seems to be a common issue which could be easily fixed by CA.
You should do that with any new rifle (add loctite and ensure action screws are properly torqued). That is as essential (IMO) as giving the rifle an initial cleaning and properly mounting your optic.

My Mesa had blue locktite on the action screws from the factory. The rifle was purchased new in August 2018. I would still check them. Also, in the manual I have, I could not find the torque specs. I contacted Christensen and they told me 65 in/lbs is what they recommend.

I can't say for all the chamberings, but I've worked with no less than a half dozen 300 WM Ridgelines and they all shot well right out of the box. It's one of the safest purchases I've found in a full featured factory rifle. The 6.5 PRC is awesome as well.

A rifle can be inherently accurate but user error can foul things up.
Shooting correctly from the bench isn't as easy as it sounds. Ive watched hundreds of shooters as RSO and cringe at probably 75% of them, even the ones with higher end rifles.
CA has a loyal customer base for a reason. If you have to send a rifle back they'll take care of it.
I have a CA 7 Rem that will shoot 1 1/2" with the "wrong ammo". Change to premium ammo and it's down to 1/2". Honestly that's better than I'm able to do when hunting.
And I agree with the gentleman who weighs and neck turns his cases for consistency. I also use a concentricity gauge and experiment with seating depth. I use a chrono to measure velocity spread. When I find a decent load (not hard) I keep it. It's a hunting rifle after all. After all the experimentation and load (s) are nailed down I may shoot it 20-30 times a year. LocTite screws, check cold barrel zero since when hunting probably your only shot is from a cold barrel.

I bought a Ridgeline a few weeks ago in 6.5 PRC. I've only been to the range once with it so far, but it was shooting .3-.5 on its first trip. So far, so good!

Please keep us updated on your experience with the .300 PRC. I'm looking at that for my next one.

p.s. I should add that I went through a local CA dealer after reading that their dealer support could be better than their direct support. I don't know if that's true, but I did call their CS to ask a quick question about their receivers and they were very helpful.

I just got my 4th CA.
All of them have been .5 moa or better
With factory ammo.
After buying my first Christian arms I feel bad I wasted money on a custom gun I had built.......
What models and calibers do you have? I was thinking about getting a Mesa in 28 Nosler and putting it in an AG composites thumbhole stock.

I have two Ridgelines, one in .308 and another in 6.5 PRC. Both are easily capable of sub-MOA accuracy without much effort on my part. The only thing I don't like about my Ridgelines is that the bolt lift effort seems to increase substantially more with repeating shots than my other bolt guns.

I have been doing some research and many posts from the past, like 2010 to as recent as 2016 seem to indicate that some of these rifles have issues. While I appreciate a sub-moa guarantee, i don't really want to buy a rifle, find that it is not a shooter and send it back for 6 months so the factory guys can fix the issues? Has CA resolved the issues it has had in the past? And as a bonus, if someone in the know can explain what the issues were and how they were resolved that would be icing on the cake. I watched videos from Jeff Brozovich over at another long range website and he really likes the ELR model and had good things to say about the accuracy. Maybe he was lucky and got a good one?
I had my experience with CA. After break in and a lot of test rounds that left me with 2" groups my smith wanted to scope the barrel. When asked about his curiosity he showed me 2 CA's on the shelf waiting for new barrels. We found a rifling that run into the chamber neck. The chamber being bored that far off. They replaced the barrel. The next barrel was the same groups. Scoped the barrel and we found that half way down the barrel there was 3-4" with no rifling at all. I really liked the feel of that rifle and the weight. I have several rifles at 1/4th the price that will shoot circles around it. I hear of some people who have good luck with them? I hope they can get their barrel manufacturing lined out whereas it is leaving a bad name and a lot of people in question

I had my experience with CA. After break in and a lot of test rounds that left me with 2" groups my smith wanted to scope the barrel. When asked about his curiosity he showed me 2 CA's on the shelf waiting for new barrels. We found a rifling that run into the chamber neck. The chamber being bored that far off. They replaced the barrel. The next barrel was the same groups. Scoped the barrel and we found that half way down the barrel there was 3-4" with no rifling at all. I really liked the feel of that rifle and the weight. I have several rifles at 1/4th the price that will shoot circles around it. I hear of some people who have good luck with them? I hope they can get their barrel manufacturing lined out whereas it is leaving a bad name and a lot of people in question
my Mesa 6.5prc is shooting factory Hornady ammo .5-.7MOA so far through several boxes. No need to do any load work up. Very impressed so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.