Stephen Orleski

I have been doing some research and many posts from the past, like 2010 to as recent as 2016 seem to indicate that some of these rifles have issues. While I appreciate a sub-moa guarantee, i don't really want to buy a rifle, find that it is not a shooter and send it back for 6 months so the factory guys can fix the issues? Has CA resolved the issues it has had in the past? And as a bonus, if someone in the know can explain what the issues were and how they were resolved that would be icing on the cake. I watched videos from Jeff Brozovich over at another long range website and he really likes the ELR model and had good things to say about the accuracy. Maybe he was lucky and got a good one?

My advice is whoever you decide to have build your rifle it is set up for what your trying to achieve, mag box length, freebore for heavy caliber bullets, neck dia if you turn necks or no- turn etc.
I hear all the time on this forum and others were people complain because these things become an issue for them.

I think you can buy with confidence. I compared the Mesa to many rifles when I was in the market for a light weight sporting rifle. The build quality really surpassed the Kimber and other "high-end" production rifles in my estimation. I did a fair amount of research too and did not find anything negative about Christensen Arms.

Jeff has had several that have shot very well. I had one built with a Christensen barrel and it consistently shoots in the .3s. It is more accurate than I am. Would not hesitate to buy one. When they first started they would wrap any barrel. Now they only wrap their barrels. I think that caused them some problems. Wrap a bad barrel and it is still bad.

I own 2 CA rifles. A Ridgeline in 300 Win Mag, and a BA Tactical in 338 Lapua Mag. The Ridgeline was purchased 13 months ago, the BA was purchased about 18 months ago.
Admittedly, since buying them I quit keeping track, but I'm pretty sure the major problems have been addressed by the company in a positive manner.

So, I can only parrot what's already been said here. Buy with confidence.
I love both of mine.

I appreciate all the feed back. A lot of what has been said here makes sense. The issues occurred years ago, but I'm betting a bunch of those bad rifles could have been out there for years, NIB, but older stock, or, someone buys a used one that has not been corrected. Now just to decide which model.. thanks for the input, and if anyone else still wants to chime in, please do. I won't be buying for a month or so and also there may be others out there who are interested in this info.

I appreciate all the feed back. A lot of what has been said here makes sense. The issues occurred years ago, but I'm betting a bunch of those bad rifles could have been out there for years, NIB, but older stock, or, someone buys a used one that has not been corrected. Now just to decide which model.. thanks for the input, and if anyone else still wants to chime in, please do. I won't be buying for a month or so and also there may be others out there who are interested in this info.

Well my issue was last year. Just saying.

One of my hunting buddies bought a ridgeline in 28 nosler for himself and 7 mag for his wife. We couldnt get the 28 to shoot well at all. Not sure what ended up happening with the rifle but he no longer has it. Has a browning 28 now and it shoots great. The 7 mag for his wife shoots ok, 3/4" type groups after lots of load development. I dont think I'll ever buy one after what we went through on his. Good looking rifles though

Not defending any company just my observations.

It is extremely difficult or impossible for anyone to build cookie cutter rifles, and not have an occasional dud. They can duplicate all process and parts, but one will be better than all the rest and one will be worse than the rest. If you are a high end rifle builder that mass produces a model in any number, some will not perform as well as others. They should all do better than standard factory rifles that are also mass produced, but this does not always happen.

Each rifle is an individual and will shoot differently with the same ammo so loading to suite the rifle is the only way to find that One load. if a rifle has a flaw that cant be overcome that is another reason to send it back.

Just saying that if you think that by buying an expensive rifle will automatically makes it a shooter, you may be disappointed.

I have worked on and seen many custom high end rifles that have not shot well that could be fixed by one change or another. they were good rifles that were just the lower end of performance as shipped.

The more rifles they make the better the odds are that they will have a problem with some.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.