Chrisensen ELR 300 win mag Magazine Length.. 300 Win

dxlbaile

Anyone have a Christensen ELR in 300 win and know the magazine length? Wondering if the 215 Berger will be good for this gun and will you be able to chase the lands with the length of magazine?

Magazine length in the two CA Ridgelines I had was around 3.7 which is enough for the 300 with 215s.

Thanks I will see how it goes... I would really like to load 570 for this do you have any advice on where to get any.. I noticed you had been shooting some.. Do you think it is that much better than H-1000.. The little I have shot has been great but just would like a second opinion.. Seem like it is such a unicorn powder.. 82.5 in my other 300 is cruising along about 3175 fps..

I do like it but I am not convinced it is much better than H1000. When I get back from New Zealand I will play with some H1000 in my 30 Nosler. I did a real quick ladder with H1000 and it looked promising.

I have a new ELR 300 winnie. Sent it to Kevin Cram and had him throat the chamber for the 215 Berger and install a Wyatt box. Their so called match chamber didn't allow for any extra room.

The factory CA chamber allows a 215 to touch the lands at ~ 3.660" OAL. The factory magazine has plenty of space.

The factory chamber is actually pretty well designed. The 215s feed from the factory magazine perfectly at .020" off. My Ridgeline has also produced several groups in the .1s - .3s out to 330 yards with two different powders. Brass life is decent. I got 7 reloads out of soft Nosler brass with loads pushing the 215 to 2980 fps with RL26 and 2940 fps with H1000. I'm confident that you won't get better performance shelling out the dollars for additional chamber work.

The factory CA chamber allows a 215 to touch the lands at ~ 3.660" OAL. The factory magazine has plenty of space.

The factory chamber is actually pretty well designed. The 215s feed from the factory magazine perfectly at .020" off. My Ridgeline has also produced several groups in the .1s - .3s out to 330 yards with two different powders. Brass life is decent. I got 7 reloads out of soft Nosler brass with loads pushing the 215 to 2980 fps with RL26 and 2940 fps with H1000. I'm confident that you won't get better performance shelling out the dollars for additional chamber work.
That's good info. My custom reamer(not my design) had 215s right at 3.7". I cant see much if any gains in .040.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts